Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market to get a MDX and from what I been reading from this forum, there is still a waiting list. Does anyone know of a dealer in eastern Massachusetts that has a short waiting list and hopefully give you a good deal too.

Thank you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
lees,
I think that availability is getting better around here, but I would still expect to pay MSRP. I have gotten the feeling that Clair Acura and Acura of Peabody have a pretty high allocation, and they probably have the shortest waiting period. Every couple of weeks I get an email from Acura of Peabody about X's that they have coming in unclaimed or a cancellation after the car arrives.
So, I would get on the phone and start calling all the dealers and tell them what you are looking for, and see what they say. Try not to leave a deposit, but if you do, make sure it is fully refundable. Good Luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clair Acura Has MDX

Andy from Clair Acura in Walpole called me on Thursday, April 11 and said he had a Mesa Touring MDX that wasn't claimed . Give him a call if you are still interested - he seems like a good person to work with. By the way, if anyone knows of a "pre-owned" 2001 MDX for sale, please let me know!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Acura of Newport

The guys at Acura of Newport (RI) are great. I talked with Chris Fasano today while my X was in for it's 33750 service. He said he could get you one in 2-3 weeks if you were flexable on the color and trim options (base, nav, touring, ...) No forced accesories and MSRP. Great dealership great service. (401) 849-8499

·
Registered
7 Posts
sitting on the lot

Ron Bouchard's Acura in Auburn (OK, so it is middle Mass.) has had at least four sitting on the lot for two plus weeks. One RR, one Burgundy, one silver and one GG. They are sitting on the front line at the road, so I doubt they are spoken for. Give them a call, or ask your local dealer to have it acquired to them.

Also, LundgrenMotorCars in Auburn has 11 (yes, eleven!!) of them sitting on thier lot. Some are used, while others are 2002's with like 30 miles on them. They are selling them for a little cheaper than the Acura dealer too. (Lundgren Honda owns them)Here is a link: http://www.lundgrenmotorcars.com/index.esl

Good luck.

·
Registered
467 Posts
MDX's in Mass

I was at Ron Bouchards (Acura of Auburn) yesterday for service - I think everything on the lot was pre-owned.

Still, I would give them a call - we've purchased 2 cars there and have found them to be great. Ask for Rick Voss. My impression is that they are a little easier to deal with than some of the dealers closer to Boston.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Beware of the two options mentioned above in the Auburn area...they may or may not mention to you the X's they have on the lot could be Candian versions, and therefore subject to warranty issues here in the US.
You can be sure of the market the vehicles were intended by checking out the VIN #. The 12th digit indicates the destination country. 1=Canada, 2=USA. You can do a search on decoding the entire VIN # on this site to learn just what each digit represents.
BTW, the 10th digit tells you the model year of the X. 1=2001, 2=2002.

I ultimately purchased my X from Clair Acura with about a 3 month wait. Paid MSRP with Wheel Locks, Mud Flaps and Cargo Tray thrown in.
Good Luck on your search.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Canadian versions

I think you need to watch out for this anywhere. A local Toyota dealer had some Canadian versions of the Highlander.

Re: Acura of Auburn - they are obviously an Acura dealer. The ones he's talking about are used with 2k to 8k miles. Lundgren is not an Acura dealer and I would venture to guess that the ones they have with a few hundred miles are Canadian versions. I assume either would disclose this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
MDXLooker said:
Beware of the two options mentioned above in the Auburn area...they may or may not mention to you the X's they have on the lot could be Candian versions, and therefore subject to warranty issues here in the US.
You can be sure of the market the vehicles were intended by checking out the VIN #. The 12th digit indicates the destination country. 1=Canada, 2=USA. You can do a search on decoding the entire VIN # on this site to learn just what each digit represents.
BTW, the 10th digit tells you the model year of the X. 1=2001, 2=2002.

I ultimately purchased my X from Clair Acura with about a 3 month wait. Paid MSRP with Wheel Locks, Mud Flaps and Cargo Tray thrown in.
Good Luck on your search.
MDXLooker,
I live in Ashland also....and I bought my 'X from Clair too.....what a coincidence! Who is your salesperson at Clair?? If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in Ashland??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts