Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this pic on the front page of the Tire Rack WEBSITE and thought you guys might like to see it :) (Sorry if this has already been posted)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Good Wheel~~~~

But how much is it? hmm..
time to save money~~ :D :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is this the same picture that was on the Tire Rack catalog that was the answer to Tim's contest last month?

·
Registered
206 Posts
TireRack

Got my wheels and tires from the TireRack.
Good prices and service
Moda R6s with Pirelli Scorpion Zeros
$1,930 including shipping
Very Happy

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
nice pic

Very cool wheels!!!!:eek: :7:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks paul123
I will post another photo now that the sun has come back to the northeast
Harry

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: TireRack

Harry said:
Got my wheels and tires from the TireRack.
Good prices and service
Moda R6s with Pirelli Scorpion Zeros
$1,930 including shipping
Very Happy
Harry or anyone with experience with these tires,
How is the road noise at speeds 40 miles and higher? I really like and in the process of purchasing 19x8 wheels but i'm limited to 3 tire choices. Michelin/s Turanza and Diamaris or the Pirelli Scorpions. i'm reading that that michelins are not that great on wet and snow but Ok in regards to road noise. With the Scorpions, its in reverse. Do you find this true? Are there any other 255/50/19 series tires out there.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Re: Re: TireRack

NaNaLi said:
... i'm reading that that michelins are not that great on wet and snow but Ok in regards to road noise. With the Scorpions, its in reverse. Do you find this true? Are there any other 255/50/19 series tires out there.
Thanks
I think you will find that ANY 255/50/19 is pretty dicey in the rain, really bad in snow, and far from quiet...

It will be quite a while (if ever) that manufacturers consider 50 profile tires suitable for anything other than dry weather tires...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello NaNaLi
Let me put it this way. after my pirellis broke in, I found that the sound they make was music to my ears. They are just a tad louder/ different than the stock michelins and the wind nouse washes it away at freeway speeds anyways.
You need to realize that the more tire you put on the road, the more noise potential you create. Also, renov8r is correct in that no tire of this profile, or any low profile is going to work in the snow. No-No-No. Keep your stockers for the winter as I have done and you have the best of both worlds. Plus you should be able to enjoy good rubber year round for 5 - 6 years. (my calculations) I do not however agree that rain performance is " dicey". The Scorpion Zeros are amazing in the rain and far better than the michelins .
I like how my MDX looks with this wheel/tire combo but I love there performance.
I do not know if this has been helpful, but I can tell you this much, I am not looking forward to putting the stock wheels back on this fall.
Have a good weekend, Harry
;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts