Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

MDX paddle shifters revving up engine

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  NVAKeith 
#1 ·
Any one experience the paddle shifters revving up the engine? My wife touched the paddle shifters in traffic once and the car revved up so roughly and wouldn't move. She had to shut it down and restart.

Am gonna find a way to tape up the paddle shifters so they can't be activated.

Anyone have this experience?

#2 ·
Was she trying to downshift or upshift at the time? I've had a few MDX 9AT loaners and noticed the engine would rev higher and accelerate when I tried to use the paddles and downshift to slow down to engine brake for a corner. I sometimes do this with my previous 5AT/6AT sh-awd vehicles to slow down and use the gas pedal to engage tq vectoring to help improve handling instead of riding the brake into a corner. I've stopped using the paddles for the 9AT after that. Ended up purchasing the Hybrid with the 7DCT because of the acceleration when I paddle downshift with the 9AT.

#3 ·
Could be unrelated to the paddle shifters, see this thread about random shift to neutral from drive:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.