Sandstone/Saddle SOLD!!!
White/Saddle

Others on the Way!!

Happy Holidays to Everyone at AcuraMDX.org!!!! :2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just Curious.....

Is a "Premium" really just the base model (i.e no Touring or Navi or RES)? I've seen many refer to the "Premium" model on this board but have not ever seen it defined, and Acura literature doesn't do so either. Thx.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Just Curious.....

steventimm said:
Is a "Premium" really just the base model (i.e no Touring or Navi or RES)? I've seen many refer to the "Premium" model on this board but have not ever seen it defined, and Acura literature doesn't do so either. Thx.
You would think "Premium" = "Best" but Acura has "Premium" = "Least." It's a misnomer.:confused: :8:

·
** SPONSOR **
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Acura internally refers to the YD182 as the Premium

This is to contrast against other manufacturers who who charge extra for the moonroof, heated seats, AWD, etc. The MDX has many more standard features.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re: Re: Just Curious.....

acurasandiego said:

You would think "Premium" = "Best" but Acura has "Premium" = "Least." It's a misnomer.:confused: :8:
Well, it also sounds alot better when you hand over the cash and it is for a premium MDX and not an base MDX. At many Acura dealers they never mention that the premium is a base model as it makes it sound like it is cheap and not worth the price. I was even confused when I first started shopping for the MDX, as I though there were three models, (base, premium and touring):rolleyes:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Marketing Weasels

Oh those clever Marketing Geniuses at Acura....they must have worked overtime to come up with this one!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Here, Eric, this should help with that last post:

:9: :11:

:D (...and I would tend to agree...)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The real marketing geniuses are over at Lexus.

Build a car you can't fit anything in, handles crummy, is slower, and gets less gas mileage. Then sell it for the same price.

:D
Hey Eric, I know you sell MDXes and expect the bias, but since I own both an MDX & RX - I disagree with 2 points.

The gas mileage is better on my RX 300 (& it's regular not premium)
The RX300 equipped the same as an MDX sells for less (although MSRP is higher). Here are 2 links to threads comparing the 2.
I love the MDX - but Lexus does have some better items.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3424&highlight=rx300+comparison

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7354&perpage=15&highlight=rx300 comparison&pagenumber=2

That said.............I prefer the MDX overall :4:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oldest Trick in the book....

That's right....just bash the competition...go on the offensive....shift the focus....anything but acknowledge the truth. This is what gives car guys such stellar reputations! Nicely done!! Doing your profession proud there.....keep it up!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Oldest Trick in the book....

steventimm said:
That's right....just bash the competition...go on the offensive....shift the focus....anything but acknowledge the truth. This is what gives car guys such stellar reputations! Nicely done!! Doing your profession proud there.....keep it up!
OUCH.........

·
** SPONSOR **
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys, you don't know me and I apologize if anyone took me seriously. I meant the comments as a joke, hence the smile. :D

I certainly hope we can keep this forum light. Personal attacks shouldn't be necessary.

One of my best friends is the sales manager at a very large Lexus store.

BTW: Of course Acura is using a marketing technique when describing the base model as a Premium.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hey Eric - sorry about that. My reply wasn't meant as a personal attack.....just pointed out some differences is all :4:

You know I have no problems with David McDavid Acura as evidenced in several posts :2:

·
** SPONSOR **
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
texrb said:
Hey Eric - sorry about that. My reply wasn't meant as a personal attack.....just pointed out some differences is all :4:

You know I have no problems with David McDavid Acura as evidenced in several posts :2:

No, No, None taken!! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
WTD: '03 Sandstone with Touring/Nav

Eric,
I am looking for an '03 touring/nav in sandstone. I am local to you, looking for vehicle around Christmas/ new year, with killer pricing.

I have sent email to you at your dealership.

Steve Reiter
Lewisville, TX

1 - 18 of 18 Posts