Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please insert pics of your phatt ass rides on some rims that are bigger then stock. I am lookin to gettin it as my next car, and i want to get rims too. This is my car now so u guys know i have style. Hook me up with some phat pics.
wg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
URIRx98 said:
Please insert pics of your phatt ass rides on some rims that are bigger then stock. I am lookin to gettin it as my next car, and i want to get rims too. This is my car now so u guys know i have style. Hook me up with some phat pics.
wg
dude... am having my MDX set up with 20 INCH NICHE wheels. Am still waiting from Tokico for the lowering springs..I want to lower just half an inch. Once that is done am gonna e-mail ya

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
URIRx98 said:
wg
Oh FYI...Your CLS looks cool...Word of advice...If you gonna invest some *****in' ass wheels for your CLS...install some high performance adjustable Tokico for your car it will lower it by 2 inches and makes it look REALLY squatty and aggressive.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Heres a link to the a pic at the Sema show

It is not a direct link, browse through the Temple of VTEC Rumors and news under the heading TOV's own Sema photos. There is a pic of a black MDX with aftermarket rims. I was really curious if the RSX rims as seen in the pics can go on the MDX, it even has the Acura emblems, these are very nice stock rims that does not scream steal me please. I hope Acura does end up offering this maybe Tim can let us know if they will fit the MDX and if it can be made available for orders, I sure would want one.
http://www.vtec.net/news/

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for nothing, u have shown me no MDX sittin on some phat ass rims. Come on guys, cant u post some pics for me. i realy want to see it. And if u want to see some compettion u better take a look at the lexus GX430, ill insert pic.
wg

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
GX looks sharp.

Crem will no doubt pop in here any time to introduce you to the
feature, so I'll save him the trouble :)

Search for "rims" "wheels" "dubs" "sema" and "chrome" (in seperate searches) and you'll find a variety of posts/pics with folks who've installed >17" wheels.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dude, this isn't the CL Forum. Mod discussions are kind of limited here based on the market that the MDX is selling to. Generally, people that buy an SUV do so for the practicality. 20" wheels and high-performance tires aren't really practical in bad weather or off-road. Go check out the Escalade or Navigator forums - you're peeps are much more likely to be hangin' over there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
BarryH said:
Dude, this isn't the CL Forum. Mod discussions are kind of limited here based on the market that the MDX is selling to. Generally, people that buy an SUV do so for the practicality. 20" wheels and high-performance tires aren't really practical in bad weather or off-road. Go check out the Escalade or Navigator forums - you're peeps are much more likely to be hangin' over there.
Well said!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, i didnt ask you guys foy anything too out of the norm, and u guys arents on a forun to not show off your trucks, so if u dont have the money to treat your SUV LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE TREATED, then it aint my fault. Look, im just a another acura owner lookin for some help from some other acura owners help. IF you dont want to post something, then dont, i didnt ask for no pics, i asked for pics. if u dont want to look, then dont look at my post.
wg
soon to be back with my cl-s, since its in the shop gettin a new tranny

·
Registered
594 Posts
what happened to the old tranny

What happened to the old tranny?

just curious

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Here is the SEMA one from another thread

This is from Autoweek:

"As the Acura MDX has found great success in its first year, the rush to popularize this revolutionary new luxury SUV is well underway. Looking to achieve subtle yet meaningful improvements, the Acura MDX Concept features an Acura Accessories lower trim and flare kit, 20-inch Lowenhart LS-1 wheels from DAZZ Motorsport with Michelin 275/40-20 high performance tires and a custom lowered suspension from the Progress Group. "

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: what happened to the old tranny

davegood said:
What happened to the old tranny?

just curious
There's been some problems with the CL-S and TL-S transmissions that have caused a number of them to be replaced. I'd say the number is somewhere between 50 and 100 based on the postings on the TL and CL forums. Acura hasn't commented on the problem yet so there's no real info on what's wrong. I have a TL-S in addition to the MDX so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The transmission on the MDX is totally different so I wouldn't worry about it if you're concerned.

·
Registered
715 Posts
urur....I think you meant the GX 470, not 430.

" For drivers seeking a big SUV, Toyota Motor Corp. (7203.T) introduced the Lexus GX 470, a full-size luxury SUV competing for wealthy buyers. The GX 470 is set to go on sale next January with a price tag between $45,000 and $50,000."

Gee, will little lester call this puppy from Lexus a "poser" too?
;)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Agreed. The front looks like the MB, and the tail light looks identical to the MDX. It reminds you how the early renditions of the LS400 were almost identical to the Mercedes of the time. The Japanese are sure good at copying at making things better...

·
Registered
715 Posts
mdxtrous....just out of curiousity, are you expecting to get back your deposits from the losing 2 dealers? Things down heah in Texas are the exact opposite. In most cases, you walk away from the deal, you walk away from the deposit.:mad:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I made sure they were all refundable deposits. Not all dealers were willing to do it refundable. That's why my deposits are in 3 dealers in 3 different states (PA, NJ, and NY).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
12 Participants
URIRx98
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing