Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on this forum ill start by Introducing myself
My name is Wilkins and live in Queens, New York.
Purchased my 2014 MDX new and now has around 10k miles
Other vehicles that I own are 2000 Honda Prelude and a 1998 Acura Integra.

I'm the Service Manager at Pepboys I dont take my vehicles to the dealer unless there is a open recall. All oil changes have been done at my shop and I use Castrol Edge 0w20 with a Purolator synthetic filter.

I took my MDX in today for the Ac Compressor recall (which is literally them putting White Lithium Grease on the bolts so it wont corrode). Pepboys doesnt carry filters for the MDX yet so I bought one since i was already there (With my discount from Acura it came out to $20.75)

I just installed it at home and noticed it is lightly oiled never seen an oem Air Filter oiled before. Just wanted to know if anyone has noticed that there filter came oiled also.

On my 1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder i couldnt run oiled filters because it would gunk up my MAF sensor. MDX has the sensor sitting right up ontop of the filter (wondering if that can cause any problems)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome aboard! I haven't bought any oem Honda filters, so I do not know the answer, but I thought this was interesting about Honda tillers (not their cars). Maybe they pre oil or moisten the MDX filters?

"Apply Honda Air Filter Oil to the filter element. This is an important step—if
the air filter is installed dry, dust will pass through the foam and damage the
engine. Honda Air Filter Oil is super tacky and designed to prevent dust from
passing through the foam. It is available from your local Honda Power
Equipment dealer."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts