Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard some complains about MDX's road noise, I am wondering how noisy it is while driving above 70mph. I have a 99 toyota camry, I think it is very quiet while driving at any speeds. anybody knows the comparison of noise level between the X and camry?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Any large SUV will be louder than a sedan

The noise levels of the MDX is a much debated topic, try Search.

I strongly suspect it will be louder than a midsize sedan. Noise is not the MDX's strongest feature. I find it more than tolerable, but it is a large/wide SUV.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: Any large SUV will be louder than a sedan

msu79gt82 said:
Noise is not the MDX's strongest feature. I find it more than tolerable, but it is a large/wide SUV.
I read that some noise improvements occurred on the 2002 model although I imagine they will be minimal. I think the touring tires are also a tad quieter than the base model tires. MDX Factory hood deflectors have a reputation for being noisy, Formfit deflectors are quiet.

I agree that with the size and height of the MDX it will naturally be noisier than a sedan. The real question should be is it as quiet as other SUV's in it's class?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
the noise level is very acceptable.

if I hear a rattle, I blame the bumpy road, or turn up the volume on the above average sound system.

:2:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Just personal opinion.....

The noise on MDX is louder than my cousin's highlander while driving in HIGH speed. But it is a lot quiet than my OLD 93 maxima. :2:

In fact, my brother said this car is VERY quiet on the road. Overall, I am very satisfy with this car. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a '95 Camry XLE. It is much noisier than my 2002 MDX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts