Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm new to the MDX world, but not Acura's. Previously had a 02 TL type S back from 06-12, loved that car, moved on to toyota (Tundra, then a 4runner) and i'm now back to the Acura world. Fell in love with this car after my test drive yesterday and ended up buying it. It's big enough for my family of 3, and eventually 4... Snagged a 2010 MDX Advance in Grigio Metallic with the ebony interior, 65k miles on it, 1 owner. Hoping to get alot of life out of it, from what i've read and experienced from my previous acura, i know it should be extremely reliable. Looking forward to all your expertise!!

-Chris

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride!!

I have an 11 MDX Adv with +87,000 miles and it is best travel vehicle I've own. The extra tech like the cooled seats, BSI, ACC, CMBS, and IDS magnetic shocks/struts are a must have if you travel a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah this will be our road trip vehicle for the family out to Colorado every year, sometimes a couple times a year, so we wanted something that will make that 9 hour drive be a bit more enjoyable, especially since 6hrs of it are across flat and boring Kansas.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I live in ABQ, NM, and make a lot of trips to CO, AZ, TX, and SoCal in the MDX (about 18,000 - 20,000 miles per year). The ACC will make the 9hr trip soooooo much easier compared to the old cruise control on the tech/base versions. One thing I didn't like about my MDX was the HIDs were a little dim and pointed too low. I upgraded to OSRAM cool blue 5000k and adjusted the the HIDs up to the same level as my RDX. Much better for night time driving in the twisty CO Mountains with the HID bulb upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts