Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW THAT MDX IS A LUXURY SUV

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT LIKES TO TAKE THEM OFF ROAD ?

I KNOW YOU CANT GO CRAZY OFFROAD BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE FUN

ANY IDEAS?

·
Registered
617 Posts
acrdr said:
I KNOW THAT MDX IS A LUXURY SUV

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT LIKES TO TAKE THEM OFF ROAD ?

I KNOW YOU CANT GO CRAZY OFFROAD BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE FUN

ANY IDEAS?
Dude,

The MDX is not much of an off road vehicle at all. It's basically an all wheel drive version of Honda's mini van on steriods.

The MDX is not a luxury SUV either. Acura is near luxury at best....awesome vehicles just not quite up there with the true luxury brands.

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Re: Re: Mdx Meet

Echo2625 said:

Dude,

The MDX is not much of an off road vehicle at all. It's basically an all wheel drive version of Honda's mini van on steriods.

The MDX is not a luxury SUV either. Acura is near luxury at best....awesome vehicles just not quite up there with the true luxury brands.

Enjoy your new ride!
Its a $40K vehicle, I for one see it as a luxury SUV. The word "Luxury" has different meaning among other members, but it is in that category "luxurious". There's an old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover", just because the MDX does not have quality leather and wood trim, it does have many amenities that define "luxurious". That is the first impression you perceive as you first glance the interior of a vehicles. As you get to know your vehicle in-and-out, that define luxury technically goes up or down.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Mdx Meet

SilveradoMDX said:

Its a $40K vehicle, I for one see it as a luxury SUV. The word "Luxury" has different meaning among other members, but it is in that category "luxurious". There's an old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover", just because the MDX does not have quality leather and wood trim, it does have many amenities that define "luxurious". That is the first impression you perceive as you first glance the interior of a vehicles. As you get to know your vehicle in-and-out, that define luxury technically goes up or down.
I had a $40K Olds Bravada. Would you consider it a "luxury" vehicle?? I sure didn't.

There are a ton of $40K SUV's on the market and the majority of them are not "luxury" vehicles.

BTW...I'm just curious....what amenities does the MDX have that define "luxurious"?

Don't get me wrong...we LOVE our MDX..it's just not a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Mdx Meet

Echo2625 said:

BTW...I'm just curious....what amenities does the MDX have that define "luxurious"?
At this point I think Navigation system is the only thing that can remotely qualify as luxury. Many cars these days can be had with leather heated / cold seats, some have HID, power sunshade, others have RFID keys, lazer guided cruise control, power lift gates, power steering column / pedal adjustments, power fold/tumble rear/third row seats, heated / cold cup holders, genuine wood trim, etc.

Yeah, I think navigation system is it for the MDX. That and the Acura badge, as long as Honda exists and has a different badge the Acura one is always a little bit more luxurious.

-Teton

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets see
auto lights
auto wipers
tire pressure monitoring system
navi
leather-cant get cloth on any acura exept the rsx

thats luxurious

but anyone want to take them off road
???

·
Registered
90 Posts
OFFROAD CAPABILITY DETAILS

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID3028?mid=20010102000922&mime=asc&archives=t

Here's the gist:

- 30-degree dirt hill
- Sand hill
- Water pit
- Rock roads
- Embedded log course
- Step-up, step-down
- Sand drag strip
- Gully course
- Ground contact course
- Washboard road
- Frame twister
- Power hop hill (23-degree slope with rippled surface)
- Gravel road
- Startable grade

So technically you can take an X off road, as long as it is of medium duty as defined not to exceed the above list.

-Teton

1 - 7 of 7 Posts