Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some recommendations on how to negotiate a lease buy-out. My '15 MDX lease is ending in early January, and I'm pretty happy with the car. It's under miles, and my residual is low enough to be more than $5k under its current value. I've never negotiated the lease buy-out, and looking for some recommendations on this. As far as I know, residual price cannot be negotiated. How do I approach the interest rate then, and who do I negotiate through? The Acura dealer where I purchased the car is no longer in business.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Local bank or credit union could be helpful in securing financing...I would start there...what can you borrow/terms etc...then call whoever is handling the lease to get payoff..go from there..

I'm assuming you're not just cashing out...if so, that is simple..call the lease company and pay them off.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you are a AAA member, they also offer financing.

As said above, nothing to negotiate with lessor since residual is set. By buying the vehicle you do avoid the disposition fee.

I would assume that your lender will coordinate with Acura Financial, as the lender would want to know that lease was paid off, and they would also want to make sure title reflected their lien.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts