Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

MDX is no Christine

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  FatBoyMDX 
#1 ·
I put the kids to bed last night and went out to the yard for a little "down time". I was pulling weeds in front of the MDX when the lights flashed and the doors unlocked, then locked again. This pattern continued at random intervals. I did not have my keys, and I walked around the MDX scrathing my head. I looked around expecting to find my wife messing with me. No wife. I ran into the house to find my 3 year old perched on a chair in front of the kitchen window. Clutched in his (should-be-sleeping)hands was the MDX remote.

#2 ·
Another Possession Story

Echo:
More than a few times I have heard a car horn honking loudly and thought, "who's the moron who can't open their own car without setting off the alarm," only to learn that it was my "Christine" making all the racket. It appears as though, while in my pocket, the key ring or keys themselves push against the panic button and set off the alarm.

Kind of a lame design, but I have learned that the range of the panic button is MUCH longer than that of the other buttons. Good to know, I guess.

Happy Trails.

#3 ·
Here's my story - I stopped at a gas station, with Ms Ghost in the front seat. I shut my drivers door, and accidentally hit the lock button. Since all the windows were closed and she sort of wanted air, she tried to open the door from the inside. For some reason, that sets off the horn alarm.

She couldn't figure out why the alarm was going off, I couldn't figure out why she was blowing the horn, and all the people at the gas station looked at us like, well, I don't know what. One fellow pointed out that "our horn works".

It's funny, in retrospect.

:):D

#4 ·
That happened to me too--

My daughter was sleeping in the way back one day coming home from the airport. I stopped at Subway to get us something to eat and left her in the car and locked the doors. I could see the MDX right out the window so I didn't go far. Then my daughter woke up and tried to get out of the car and she said when she tried to open the car the alarm went off. I thought I accidently pushed the panic button when I was in Subway because I had the key in my hand. I guess I didn't.

Just went out to figure this out. I had my daughter sit in the car and I locked the door with the key. I asked her to try to get out and nothing happened. So I asked her to unlock the door, the alarm sounded. I guess I keep finding new things out about this vehicle everyday (since I'm a woman and don't read owner's manuals). Cool :cool:
Lmeans

#6 ·
I couldn't shut it off with the panic button--

Both times this happened the first time and the time I just tried when I was writing my last post I couldn't shut it off with the button, I had to touch try to open it with the door handle. Is this correct?

Lmeans

#9 ·
I'm so confused

So what's the scenario here? Would-be car thief hides in car and rides around with driver. Unsuspecting driver leaves car to go off to buy lottery tickets, locking car. Thief, realizing he has no key, attempts to leave car. Caught!

I don't get it!

#10 ·
Re: I'm so confused

ghost said:
So what's the scenario here? Would-be car thief hides in car and rides around with driver. Unsuspecting driver leaves car to go off to buy lottery tickets, locking car. Thief, realizing he has no key, attempts to leave car. Caught!

I don't get it!
The way it goes is:

Would-be car thief busts out your window.
Unlocks the door from the inside.
Alarm goes off and immobilizes the engine.
Thief can't steal your car.

Had the same thing in my Civic (except no engine immobilizer). Too bad I wasn't home to hear the horn honking when someone did break into it. Didn't get anything, though.

#11 ·
On My BMW, if you lock the Alarm with the Fob from the outside, you cannot UNLOCK the door from the inside. So, if anyone's inside, you can lock em in and they can't get out. Now THAT's scary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.