Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently drove my X in the snow storm that we had over here in New York around x-mas time, boy was it fun. saw a 4 runner in a ditch and an explorer that crashed into the guard rail. most of the cars were stuck in the off ramp, I just wizz on by them and wished them good luck.:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
mdxxxx said:
Sounds like a good script for an Acura commercial. :29: :27:
It sure does. I drove down the Taconic on Christmas Day at 4:30. It was bad out. Just passed Ossining the Taconic went from three to two lanes. The right lane was empty and full of snow, traffic was moving at about 15 maybe 20 MPH. Having just purchased my Nokian tires I moved to the right lane and crusied pass everyone at about 40mph. Then I noticed what I believed to be a Ford begin to follow me. He/she couldn't keep up. I thought they went back into the other lanes. I wonder if that's the Ford you saw bchenMDX. Unless of course you were on another road entirely. My X handled extremely well. It got me to the city safely. Got back home at 2 in the morning and removed snow from the driveway for a good hour! Love that X!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like you're in my area buhmabee. I was on the Spain Brook when I saw the Ford. but speaking of keeping up. saw the massive hill that was covered in snow in the Hawthorne area, notice a montero behind me but as i was climbing this hill with my X looked in my rear view mirror the montero grew smaller and smaller and eventually I couldnt see it any more. i flet like going back to help.

·
Registered
206 Posts
bchenMDX said:
sounds like you're in my area buhmabee. I was on the Spain Brook when I saw the Ford. but speaking of keeping up. saw the massive hill that was covered in snow in the Hawthorne area, notice a montero behind me but as i was climbing this hill with my X looked in my rear view mirror the montero grew smaller and smaller and eventually I couldnt see it any more. i flet like going back to help.
Actually, sounds like your in my area. Yorktown Heights, everyone knows buhmabee.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well hopefully we will catch up with each other one day. i was hoping we could get a X meet here but so far no go.

·
Registered
206 Posts
mdxxxx said:
Hey mdxxx, why are you laughing? Your from my ORIGINAL area OOOOH!
Jk, Thanks, and bchenMDX, you know I'm joking. That's what I love about OUR area everyone gets along so well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
X MEET

If there's ever an X MEET over here, I'm there Just Name the time and place baby!!!

As far as snow goes I was in that storm also about 10:30 PM. LIE not plowed yet in Nassau or Suffolk. My X did great, as least as good as my previous QX4. IN fact, my wife, siiting in back with my 2 daughters, commented on how safe she felt that night in the MDX with me at the wheel. That's good enough for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts