Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to my salesperson today. He informed me that my MDX shipped out yesterday. He said to expect it by the 5th of July at the latest...possibly several days sooner!!! WOOHOO!

One quick question, the salesperson said that they will put on a paint protection/sealant and run the car through a buffer when it arrives. Should I let them do this?

I plan on doing Zaino, but I might not be able to do it for a couple weeks...it all depends on how work goes next week since we are doing an install of a new system.

Gig'Em Aggies!

-Mark

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
NO! NO! NO!

Don't let them BS you!

They will want to charge their ridoculous costs for this "paint sealant"...

Even if they say this is "no charge" DO NOT let 'em do it.

The "buffer" might put swirl marks in the finish!

"Washed is fine, thanks.Unless there is charge for that TOO!"

Put some time in your schedule for Zaino, the sooner you do it the less "crud" has a chance to build up

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe its free

I think it is free...I hope they wouldn't try charging me. I just asked them if they did any wash on it and that's what he said...they seal and buff. I don't like the sound of that buffer.

Gig'Em Aggies!

-Mark

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Tell them they can wash it and nothing else! No wax! No sealer!
You can even tell them to forget it you are going to wash it at home.
I didn't do that, but I wasn't going to drive home (500 miles) in a dirty car.
When you get home, wash it again (in case they used some kind of wax/wash. Use Dawn dishwashing soap in a bucket of water.
Then clay bar the finish until super smooth. Wash again, dry with 100% cotton towels, and go with Zaino for polishing!!
Lots of info on this board on Zaino including group buys........and how to take care of that finish. You wont be sorry if you follow the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts