Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, that is true. I have been following this news group for almost
1 year. I always wanted to buy MDX but was waiting for the closing of my house that we bought a year back. We just went through closing a month back and I couldn't wait any longer. So, I started checking availablity in NY-NJ tristate area. I did not want to pay over MSRP. Actually MDX scene seems to
have improved. There are still dealers out there (like East Brunswick Acura etc.) who tries to convince you that people driving Acura are the only one who paid over MSRP and rest are
just waiting & waiting for delivery. But then there were quite a few delars who are willing to sell at MSRP with deposit. It seems that wait has reduced now to couple months. Also, there are quite a few cancellation coming and if you happen to be there
at right time, you may get it quicker.

That's where I got lucky. I actually found MDX at 2 dealers for immediate delivery, one David Accura in PA and one Montclair Acura in NJ. I went with the later as I am in NJ and it is closer.

I was looking for Base in Black with Saddle interior. When I called
Montcalir Acura, I got transfered to Dilip Stephen who told me
he has one coming on Saturday in Black with Black interior in Base
and it is available due to cancellation. Although it wasn't the interior I was looking for I aggreed to pay 500$ deposit and reserve. Next I got fax back from him in 10 min with actual VIN#.

That same evening he called me and told me has another cancellation for Black with Saddle. I couldn't be any more happy.
I was extremly happy with his service, he contacted my Insurance agent, applied for Honda financing and finised all paper work in 2 days before I walked in to delaership last Saturday.

There it was, my black killer MDX newly washed, 10 miles on odometer waiting for me. We finished formality in an hour, picked
up MDX and drove back home. I realized it was all worth waiting
for, this truck really cruises.

More latter,

Regards.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
acfan,

Congrats. You are a lucky man. Receive your X within 4 days.

- JTM

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Im happy for you, my Wife and I got our X on Weds and love it!
Yesterday was the first full day of driving it with our little girl. We had so much fun. Alot of people were looking at our X. I was a little proud. HAVE FUN.

·
Registered
10 Posts
acfan,

Congrats ... Same here ... Due to cancellation i'll be getting my car sooner by one month ... I put deposit two weeks back and was promised to get the X in two months, where as now it'll be by the end of this month

Mike123

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
We should have a contest, I almost beat you!
I got an email from a Sacramento dealer last night who had a black X ready to go MSRP. (Tour + Nav)
Got the email at 7pm . He said he is still there until 9pm and just give him a call and it's mine!
I had already signed (by fax) a deal with another dealer earlier in the day on a car in production this week, to be delivered the end of April. I really did not want black, but it was great to get calls on 2 cars ready to go. To those other dealers I say "Waiting List THIS!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts