Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
You've seen a 2018 Hybrid in the showroom? The dealers near me keep telling me they won't be coming in until June or July.
There still doesn’t appear to be pricing on their web site. Can’t build a 2018 hybrid on their site. Checked 5 different dealers on line. No 2018 hybrids.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Note the name of this poster.
Here's a pic of the car. NOW I'm sorry if I made the wrong assumption about the model year but I saw the words Sport Hybrid on the little silver tab on the side of the vehicle and it being already 2018 I naturally assumed that it was an '18 model. What will I gain with pretending I have insider information that others don't? I thought it was just real scarce and here I thought I was just being helpful.
This model was actually on sale for about 4k less than the sticker price so I was wondering what the deal is with the '18s that got a lot of people excited. Sorry for my mistake.

·
Registered
503 Posts
^^ Regardless of it being a 2017 - the fact that you saw a 2017 hybrid with RES almost certainly means the RES would be available for the 2018 hybrid as well.
I don't think it was available on the 2017 SH model?? If you go to Acura and build a 2017 SH (yes you can still build a 2017) the RES option isn't available (says "Requires 3.5L Engine and Technology Package").

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I don't think it was available on the 2017 SH model?? If you go to Acura and build a 2017 SH (yes you can still build a 2017) the RES option isn't available (says "Requires 3.5L Engine and Technology Package").
I can only assume(you know what they say about assume). That if you build one maybe they will point you to an existing one. A SH with Res would crack 60k. Perhaps they don’t want to do that. Every dealer I checked had lots of 17s,a few 18s. All trims and powertrains. Some still had new 16s.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
It's weird they wouldn't offer it plus prankster says he/she saw one but I really have no idea. The only part I'd be interested in is whether you 'have to' have a RES in a particular model. IIRC it was a requirement in the 2014 Advance (but I could be remembering incorrectly) and I wouldn't have any use for one and wouldn't want to pay the exorbitant cost Acura wants for the things. I think tablets are more flexible, much cheaper, and suit the purpose for kids, for those who feel the need to provide video entertainment for kids while in the car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That S.H. with RES might be a dealer add on for max profit. Don't think the factory did a S.H. with RES. I've saw '17 S.H. for $61.9 with add on dealer installed things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Entertainment package brings two things: 1) entertainment 2) bench seat in the second row. And the bench is what I am interested in. When you buy ADV package, you automatically get captain's chair in the second row - and the only way how to get ADV + bench is actually to purchase ENT package. But since S.H. does not offer ENT package thus you cannot get ADV with bench in the 2nd row => thus I would like to know if 2018 model makes it happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 hybrid

Hello everyone!

I am brand new to this site and look forward to joining all the MDXers! Last week I put down a deposit and ordered my 2018 SH MDX in San Marino red with Ebony interior. Here's what my dealer told me. I too wondered about getting the RES to get the second row bench. Dealer said not possible even on a build, that the RES is not an option on either the 2017 or 2018 SH MDX advance. So no 2nd row bench, which isn't a deal breaker for me. I was also told that Acura would begin building SH MDX last Monday and that San Marino red would be the first in the production line. I was also cautioned that the website update to be able to "build" on Acura's website might not occur for a while, while they start with vehicles on order before they update the website. I was given a late March early April projection on delivery and they said I will get mine before they get one for their showroom... makes sense to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is not that I would try to keep the 2nd row with ADV for S.H. "virtually alive", but my experience with multiple dealers (persons) was that they did not know whole story and just tried the keep discussion going, in order to make a deal, not really providing verified information. In this specific case, I would not rely on what one dealer said since no other dealers seem to have the same information. For sure, it will become clear as soon as the spec is out, and here is the statement about 2018 MDX S.H. from Acura on 01/25: "... this model is being released in the near future ..."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.