Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I find something weird and wonder if this is normal.
When I turn on foot only heating button, heat comes out on foot and front window defrost area. Isnt foot only supoose have heat blow only onto foot area?
I went to dealership and they say its normal to blow air in window area when foot only function is on
I find this confusing then why have foot and defrost buttom separate?
Im not talking about leaking air blow i can actually feel the air blowing
Maybe its normal lol i dont know

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
It makes sense to me to have air blowing on the windshield during the winter. Defrost would direct more air to the windshield.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Also most any setting will result in some air going to defog the glass.

My MDX stays on auto and does a good job a heating and cooling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
About the auto setting and heating controls... Does anyone notice a whistle sound somewhere behind the dash, that comes and goes based on the speed of the fan when in all auto? It is not just the rushing of air. Only clarity I can give is that if one manually adjusted only the fan speed, the whistle can disappear, and if the recirc is cycled, it stops if the fan speed remains. Its just enough of a mechanical noise versus the moving air that it bothers you (or at least some of us)!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not sure about whistle sound. I had knocking clicking noise at fan speed 1 to 2. And took to dealership and they replaced blow fan under warrenty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts