Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my 4th MDX with the current one a 2015 model. I had a 2014 MDX that would fill all the front and back floors with water. The 2014 was not repairable and was replaced by my Acura dealer! They put us into a 2015. Well, it's happening Again!! My 2015 is back at Acura who has removed the interior and sent it to their body shop to repair seams that weren't properly sealed. Per our discussion with them today, the problem is much worse then originally thought. I'm very happy that this vehicle is leased! Unfortunately if they can't fix this one I do not want another MDX, especially the new 2017 one with the button transmission. Apparently the transmission has been a nightmare for Acura. Has anyone else experience the water issue? If so, what was the cause?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I don't have any water intrusion problems in my 2014.

Note - I haven't seen anyone post anything here on the 2017 regarding "the transmission being a nightmare". There were posts early on about shift points but that was apparently fixed by a software update.

Although I like the stick in the 2014 I'm sure I could get used to the button thing in the 2017. I certainly wouldn't let a nit like that disqualify the vehicle from being something I'd consider but to each their own.

Having two MDXs in a row with the same major issue I can see how you'd be gun shy about getting another one.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Are you crossing rivers? How in the world is it getting trough? The 9 speed tranny is fine, all it really needed is the software update. The 9 speed ZF is certainly better than Honda's own 6 speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts