Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I subscribe to Automotive News, and they stated that the MDX will be freshened in the 2nd half of 2016. It will be redesigned in 2019.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Yeah, that's about right. The 2017 will see some minor updates though mostly look the same and the 2019 will see a facelift and some more substantial updates.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'm assuming they mean calendar years, meaning the model year 2017 will be the refreshed model, and the model year 2020 will be the 4th generation.

Honda usually goes by the 3+3 rule, although with the 2nd generation they did 3+4. Can't see them refreshing the 2017 only to change it two years later?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I'm assuming they mean calendar years, meaning the model year 2017 will be the refreshed model, and the model year 2020 will be the 4th generation.

Honda usually goes by the 3+3 rule, although with the 2nd generation they did 3+4. Can't see them refreshing the 2017 only to change it two years later?
Ah yeah that's right. It's redesigned in 2019 for the 2020 model.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well whatever they do they better freshen it up enough in 2016 to be differentiated from the new Pilot. My wife and I took a look at the 2016 Pilot while at our local Honda dealer looking for a car for our daughter; and my wife's comment was that the Pilot interior wasn't much different impression wise than my 2014 MDX from her non-car enthusiast perspective.

The Pilot now has a better sat/nav unit based on the Android system and many of the features of the MDX including the one button sliding second row seats (they are straight out of the MDX!) and 9-speed transmission on top models. Yes, the MDX still has SHAWD and a bit more power and better handling but I think the 2016 will need a further power bump and even better quality materials and sat/nav unit .

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yes, calendar year...not model year.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The Pilot now has a better sat/nav unit based on the Android system and many of the features of the MDX including the one button sliding second row seats (they are straight out of the MDX!) and 9-speed transmission on top models. Yes, the MDX still has SHAWD and a bit more power and better handling but I think the 2016 will need a further power bump and even better quality materials and sat/nav unit .
Agree on your comments. Interestingly enough, the press (or bloggers) even dislike the Pilot's system, going as far to bash the functionality of the system and the lack of a volume knob. You would have thought Honda would have learned from Lincoln, Ford, Cadillac, etc.

After my trials and tribulations with the MDX, I'd still take it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts