Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 MDX and suddenly both fog lights stopped working.
The blue light in the dash cluster also does not come up when you flip the switch by the headlights.

I checked the fuses under the hood by the washer fluid area and they all looked ok. In the same fuse box, I switched around a couple relays and that did not help.

Any suggestions on what should I be checking next?

TIA

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
check the underhood fuse box also

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I have a 2011 MDX and suddenly both fog lights stopped working. The blue light in the dash cluster also does not come up when you flip the switch by the headlights.
Check the fuses (see their location in your owner's manual). You need to check them properly, not just look at them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should clarify, when I said looking at it, I did check the fuses. They seem to be fine. I actually swapped the same number fuses around and it did not help.

I reach on this forum that some. Mdx have another switch next to the sunroof... I don’t think the 2011 has it on the sunroof.

·
Registered
17 Posts
you should check and see if the wiring harness has been compromised. I had a fog light blow and the wiring right behind the fog light was torched. I had to get a fog light replacement kit and splice it back in, but you'll have to remove the fender well and/or get under the vehicle for easier access.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts