Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MDX is about 6 months olds and it just got its first customization (the pristine condition couldn't last forever). My next-door neighboor's kid apparents side-swiped the rear bumper on her bike. The impact removed a strip of paint about 1 inch long and 1/4 inch wide and left some hairline scratches. To repair, do I have to repaint the whole bumper and can I just touch up? Anyone know what the cost would be? Bonus points for a shop in the Boston area. Thanks all.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Touching up a scratch is not the easiest thing to get right. You could just get a bottle of touch up paint and try it, but it'll be noticeable - guaranteed! You could try polishing compound, 2000 grit sandpaper, etc, but it'll still be seen by the critical eye! A bumper paint job will probably cost you about $400 because they will do the entire bumper, not just the area where it's scratched. You could try the touch up first if you want to see what it looks like and then take it in if you can't live with the results.

I plan to touch up a similar blemish in mine, but I probably will never really be happy until the entire bumper is painted. I just don't want to spend the money right to get it done right. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will rear end me....

Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will rear end me....
Funny (in a really perverse way) I was thinking the same thing. $400 - just under the deductable, I might has well been hit by a Mac truck as a 4-year old girl on a bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts