·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2008 MDX Tech+Power Tail Gate, Sterling Gray
597 Posts
Are you removing the downstream converter and separating the pipes out?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need a lift. Working under car is pain in the butt. Already feeling sorry that I have started this project haha.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Reactions: PRGonzalez

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface

Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycle wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
11 Posts
Props on going the custom route. At first i thought those side pipes were for cutout, but see they're sound chambers (i think there's a fancy name for it). Are you thinking it might drone because you definitely have plenty resonators and mufflers on that exhaust. Also, which rear mufflers are those and what are the dimensions because i've been trying to source something to swap out my '08 oem ones and can't seem to find anything that fits.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Props on going the custom route. At first i thought those side pipes were for cutout, but see they're sound chambers (i think there's a fancy name for it). Are you thinking it might drone because you definitely have plenty resonators and mufflers on that exhaust. Also, which rear mufflers are those and what are the dimensions because i've been trying to source something to swap out my '08 oem ones and can't seem to find anything that fits.
Yes, with larger pipes, straight through mufflers it will drone. Also I dont have primary cats, only secondary high flow cat. Catalytic converter is a great sound suppressant. It takes tremendous amount of noise from engine.
That branch is called 1/4 wave resonator. It should kill some drone, if it will not work, I will fab up Helmholtz resonator.
I am using Vibrant mufflers/resonators. All mufflers are the same size.

Automotive tire Machine tool Wood Automotive wheel system Motor vehicle

Gas Cylinder Engineering Office supplies Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yes, with larger pipes, straight through mufflers it will drone. Also I dont have primary cats, only secondary high flow cat. Catalytic converter is a great sound suppressant. It takes tremendous amount of noise from engine.
That branch is called 1/4 wave resonator. It should kill some drone, if it will not work, I will fab up Helmholtz resonator.
I am using Vibrant mufflers/resonators. All mufflers are the same size.

View attachment 118630

View attachment 118631
Is that your garage or shop? Nice man. I don’t have that kid of luxury. I drove around and look for a comfortable and quiet spot to work on my car on a dry and warm day. I just want to make absolutely sure I have all the tools I need for that particular job. Power tool is a no go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is that your garage or shop? Nice man. I don’t have that kid of luxury. I drove around and look for a comfortable and quiet spot to work on my car on a dry and warm day. I just want to make absolutely sure I have all the tools I need for that particular job. Power tool is a no go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it is garage-shop haha. Space is huge issue right now, i could use more machinery for my projects. Maybe one day I will get my self 3 car garage. But it is much better than working under tree shade..

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Done with it for now. Will have to make additional Helmholtz resonator. There is some drone and drone is a big no-no in exhaust system. Also it is tad too quiet.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: PRGonzalez

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts