Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My used 2007 MDX needs a new bank 1 catalytic converter. I live in CT but the car was purchased in, operated in, and was originally sold by a dealer in NY. I've been told by an after market parts dealer that because the MDX is from NY it will have a different emissions standard than CT and that they can't sell me an aftermarket Cat because of it, explaining that possibly the bolt pattern will be different and that it may not even fit physically.

Is an '07 MDX new enough to have had NY's emissions standards applied at the time of the vehicle manufacturing? I was under the impression that this was something adopted by CA and NY just in the past few years and that older cars were grandfathered.

My emissions sticker is missing from the hood so I don't have that information. I'm not sure why it isn't there; hood replaced?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
The difference should be internal, My TL-S had different CATs for CA vs the Rest of the Country but they were interchangeable... So if you entered CA with an outside vehicle it was just a matter of getting the California CAT and bolt it in...

I do not think the parts could be incompatible but you should check it with a dealership for the Part Numbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts