43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - IT'S HERE!!!!

Will update once I get more info.

Would like to join in buying group for
1) Rear Spoiler
2) Rear Cover
3) Side Step - chrome

=> going to try to set up the DVD/LCD in the Summer...... ahh..all the anticipation & expectations & the long - long wait.

Thanks ALL.
This is a great site.
Keep it UP.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Make sure your dealer is not trying to pull a fast one on you. Many here including myself have been deceived by dealers on the delivery dates. Ask to see the production schedule and obtain a production #. It never hurts to be careful.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It continues to amaze me that people are forced to wait so long for delivery. That's got to be frustrating! Here in CA, I watch our dealership (and the dealership down the road from my office) take receipt weekly of several vehicles, so i just don't really get it.

What is the tough combination that's so slow in arrival? I've seen everything from Taffeta white Touring w/ NAV and DVD, res, the works to SBG premiums arrive. I could be wrong, but in our part of the world, black seems to be the slow mover.

What's the combo you're waiting for? Is NAV the hold up? Or ???

After taking delivery though, in the end, I hope you'll agree: the X is worth the wait! :4:

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think what happens is that some dealers will sell the MDX to other who are willing to pay more than you. Such a my case, the dealer even said if you are willing to pay a certain amount over MSRP, you can get the MDX next week. It is obvious that they are bumping somebody off the list to make that quick buck.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Liberty said:
It continues to amaze me that people are forced to wait so long for delivery. That's got to be frustrating! Here in CA, I watch our dealership (and the dealership down the road from my office) take receipt weekly of several vehicles, so i just don't really get it.
i know hopkins acura's MDXs are ALL pre-sold. they only have one available if somebody cancels. they also don't force any dealer-added options and don't charge beyond MSRP for anything including the dealer-added options you choose to put on the car.we originally had a late march delivery but an identical one came in that had been cancelled and it was offered to us.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm not sure that I buy the 'longshoreman's strike' excuse at this late date. There are a lot of cases of MDXs scheduled for January production that are being built, shipped, and delivered as expected (mine included). I get the feeling that your dealer isn't being truthful with you. It seems to me that the dealer should know a lot sooner than one week prior to expected delivery that there is going to be a delay.

Like kishino said, it kinda sounds like your dealer got a 'better offer' on your MDX... and took it. :3:

You could also ask Jamie Stockman to check on your color/trim combination for your dealer. He can tell you exactly how many of that type have been or are being built for that dealer in January/February. You could post the details in this thread.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Delayed Delivery

This is my first post. I have enjoyed the many replies and threads learning from the wealth of knowledge and experiences.

I order my blk '03 X w/touring back in early Oct '02 and was told that delivery would be between mid-Oct and mid-Nov. When that did not happen, I call them back and requested a full refund of my deposit. To my surprise, I received a call from the dealer the day before Thanksgiving that my '03 X arrived and is ready for delivery. This was less than a week after requesting my refund.

Based on my experiences, it is my opinion that the strike may be a strategy the dealers use to their benefit to close the deals with higher profit margins.

Good Luck. BTW, I enjoy the new X.
:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IT"S HERE!!!!

AHHHHH - after the long wait.
it's here.
OK - I was a bit premature in writing up the post (now corrected). I can't wait to take it on a long drive.

The person that told about the wait was "kidding" - throwing me a joke. He is a good friend of mine so I know he was not trying to pull any funny bussiness.

Will keep you posted -
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts