Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 03 Base Model MDX at the local Acura dealer for sale. It was driven by the manager and has roughly 3500 miles. With new MDXs selling at MSRP, how much should I ask for? Thanks!

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Ask them how much they would pay you if you were trading it in!

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Also, if you're serious about buying this, ask them to throw in the extended warranty, I always view demo/loaners as in the same category as rental cars. Most folks don't drive these things the same way they would drive their own vehicle, i.e. they beat the crap out of them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Inky,
As the MSRP is $36,200, I will not buy a 3500-mile demo with $34,000. Even come with 100K extended warranty. But, this is just me, YMMV.

Elli

·
Registered
572 Posts
I agree, I wouldn't pay that either. Especially now that we here of people buying below MSRP.

32 is the most I would pay.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seems like no one is selling under MSRP. :mad: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
F1 Tech said:
There is a 03 Base Model MDX at the local Acura dealer for sale. It was driven by the manager and has roughly 3500 miles. With new MDXs selling at MSRP, how much should I ask for? Thanks!
go to www.galves.com and offer them the same price they would quote you for a trade in :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The deal told me the demo will be discounted only $500! I laughed.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I guess they find people to pay that.

I had stopped by a Volvo dealership to look at the XC90 a few months back. I only gave them an e-mail address to contact me. The other day I got one of those emails "XC-90 Available - Won't Last". I laughed to myself and sent back an e-mail asking how much and what were the options (with no intention of buying). He replied, ignoring all of my questions and said "it only has 3800 miles on it, and we're selling it for MSRP, but it has upgraded tires we're not charging for". I laughed again, and deleted the e-mail.

I then later got another one from him saying they have "lots of unclaimed" XC-90s coming in the next 45 days. They must not be in nearly as bad a demand - or they are charging a nasty premium (but I'm pretty sure they aren't, because this is the same company that I bought my X from, and supposedly corporate policy is to charge MSRP)

·
Registered
205 Posts
F1 Tech said:
The deal told me the demo will be discounted only $500! I laughed.
$500 OFF? :14: :28:

Just for that, I would not deal with this dealer even if you are planning to buy a new one in the future.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They can make more $$$ selling new ones than a used one. Discounting it at 500 bucks will surely make someone buy new. They told me if they put it on the showroom floor, someone will buy it at that price. Whatever.... BTW, they offered me 21K for my 01 S2000 w/ 18000 miles. :(

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Go drive to Texas!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts