Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
You better be more specific beyond just generations as sometimes components such as these get changes made from model year to model, not just generations. Also you need to take into consideration sub models as an Advance may take different parts than a base. Or maybe the fronts carried over, but the rears were changed. You can use a site like Rock Auto or any of the OEM online sellers to look up part numbers to compare. I just looked up a 2007 base and a 2014 base and the part number for OEM is similar, but not identical. 45022-STX-A00 vs 45022-TZ5-A01. Unlikely they changed the part number just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part #s are different, and... prices are quite different (newer cheaper).

I have installed Honda brand rotors (different part #) and they bolted right up, same size, etc.

Often # changes but the part itself stays the same, at least in a BMW world it's easy to trace.

Calipers on mine (2010) are quite corroded and need a rebuild,

I wanted to see if I can find a set out of a newer MDX or a Pilot before spending money on a rebuild kit, pistons and hardware.

As far as bolt pattern goes, 2017 Pilot and 2014 MDX have different bolt patterns but same caliper part #

1 - 4 of 4 Posts