Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used cell phones and hand held GPS in many vehicles, but the MDX seems to have enough metal that it absolutely blocks reception. Unless I put my cell phone or GPS on the dash under the windshield, they go crazy trying to find signals. Tried opening the sun roof cover, and that doesn't help either. Here's a thought from a techno-geek, looking for feedback. Reflective (or antireflective) coatings on windows are conductive. Could the window shading be the problem?

2002 Touring, Mesa Beige

·
Registered
671 Posts
I haven't tried my GPS, but my cell phone works great in the MDX - no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Like AcuraMDX2002, no problem with the cell phone -- and no GPS, so don't know about that. A friend has an ML-320, and cell phones that work in my MDX have a rough time in his ML. Go figure...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
spacedoc said:
I've used cell phones and hand held GPS in many vehicles, but the MDX seems to have enough metal that it absolutely blocks reception. Unless I put my cell phone or GPS on the dash under the windshield, they go crazy trying to find signals. Tried opening the sun roof cover, and that doesn't help either. Here's a thought from a techno-geek, looking for feedback. Reflective (or antireflective) coatings on windows are conductive. Could the window shading be the problem?

2002 Touring, Mesa Beige
Do you have a metallic tint? Some have suggested that causes interference for the GPS.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
No problems with our cell phones ...

... and we have the Navi - isn't that a GPS?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts