Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Target in Round Rock, TX last night and after I checked out realized I couldn't find my keys.:eek: So I went straight to the "guest services" area and ask if somebody found my key and they said no, they even announced it overhead and their walkie-talkies.
So I retraced my path and checked on the racks, that I can remember I went, I must have been there for more than an hour so there's a lot of places to check.

I can't find it.

I even told the clerk to tell the sales persons to look for it. Then went back to the guest services if somebody turn it in, then I called my wife to pick me up and did some explanation, and left my phone numbers at the personnel just in case they find it.

Since the store is almost closed at 10PM, I sat at the bench waiting for my wife to rescue me. Theres few more cars left probably employees, then my MDX alarms went off.:confused:

I saw this RED Cherokee circling my truck then he meet with a white car at the far end of the parking lot. MDX lights are blinking on-off at this time like he is playing with the remote. I hide myself at the side of the store.

I called 911 and told them my truck is about to be stolen but then the two cars is now approaching my truck, drive a little past it, and one guy came out of his Red Cherokee and stupid him still playing with the remote so I am pretty sure he got my keys.

I confronted him and realized he is a TARGET employee! I can't believe what I see. A Target employee about to commit theft?
I kept my coolness I almost draw my gun while demanding my key
:11: . He said he forgot to turn it in after I told him I have an impression they are ready to enjoy my truck. He is about 20 y.o.
I got his name from his ID badge, then he sped off.
I approach the other car and told them what they did is bad for them:9: .
I was so mad at this point:12: I tried to knock at the store to report it but its closed. I called RR Police but they said they did not break any law so I just have to report it to Target.

I will today. How can he forget to turn it in when its announced overhead?, in the walkie-talkies, and if you are an employee the first thing you do it turn it in because somebody is looking for it.
But they did not forget to stake out on my X:2:

Glad I'm driving home my MDX last night. My wife is at the hospital at the time trying to finish her work, I told her the story on her way to pick me up.

Sorry about the long post I just want to vent.

·
Registered
699 Posts
You are a lucky guy

You may not feel lucky, but: 1) they didn't pull a gun on you; 2) you're OK; 3) you have your truck and your keys.

I think Target needs to fire this guy, and needs to let you know they've fired him. At a minimum he's way too stupid to even work there (no offense to Target employees), and it's almost certain he's at least a thief.

Glad you're OK!

·
Registered
88 Posts
That is pretty scarry!!! Leason to be learned keep keys in a safe place like attached to your belt or get a carabiner and clip it to a belt loop. Good thing it wasn't actually stolen...

Mine was stolen too... by my wife... I guess I will have to order her a new 2003 or better yet this one will be for me....:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
You have a lot more patience and control than me. I found a guy trying to steal my '95 Passat a few years ago and I almost got locked up by the cops for "battery".

I'm older and wiser now, but if someone ever steals my (soon to be) new 2002 MDX, I'll go on a mission. Theft is such a despicable crime.

Make sure you follow up with Target and let them know these guys were stealing your car. At the least, they should can his butt pronto and can at least file a report on them...doubtless, they've pulled this stunt before.

·
Registered
928 Posts
wow!!! what a rush!!!
had this be me and in livin' in TX, i'd waited for that guy to enter my 'X and the jump on him and use for Target practice! if you are brave enough and have time on your hands ( you were going to report him anyway), i'd ask the store manager to bring that jerk face-to-face. it is 100% obvious as to what his intentions were...
joy ride his *ss to mamma!!!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
btw, you sure now that your keys were lost, not stolen in the first place? wouldn't this be a different story to tell the police then?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another thought... were your house keys on the ring with the MDX key? If so, did they have time to make a copy? From the sounds of this "rocket scientist", he probably wouldn't have thought of this, but there are many ways to abtain an address. Just food for thought! Protect your keys!

·
Registered
355 Posts
cardingtr,

It's a good thing you live in TX that allows you to carry and actually defend your property and yourself. Here in Kali, our only option is to whine and complain the thief into submission :rolleyes: ... I forgot, we can also watch while our car gets stolen and report it to the cops when they get there...

Sorry, I had to rant. I've thought about moving to TX. Where is Round Rock in relation to the larger cities? Be happy that you live in a state which still resembles America.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
wrong vehicle . . .

hhwc said:
cardingtr,

It's a good thing you live in TX that allows you to carry and actually defend your property and yourself. Here in Kali, our only option is to whine and complain the thief into submission :rolleyes: ... I forgot, we can also watch while our car gets stolen and report it to the cops when they get there...

Sorry, I had to rant. I've thought about moving to TX. Where is Round Rock in relation to the larger cities? Be happy that you live in a state which still resembles America.
Sorry hhwc, gotta disagree w/ you. Here in SoCal the hot rides are black or white Escalades/Yukons w/25" chrome rims, bass blasting stereos and DVD screens mounted everywhere . . . my friend's shop just tricked out a black Esc for Tiger Woods and I hear he is working on one rumored to be for Shaq . . . thieves around here won't be messing w/ our unassuming 'Xs . . .

·
Registered
355 Posts
socalJD,

Just trying to make a general point. I'm not saying that 'Xs are particularly high on thieve's lists.

I'm just frustrated living in this corrupt state...see below...

Off topic:

"California Gov. Gray Davis is so terribly complex. On one hand he styles himself as an "environmentalist" and makes cars even more expensive. On the other hand he lets "one of California's largest polluters" increase toxic discharges into San Francisco Bay shortly after the company hands him $70,500."

Another factoid: The permit to discharge pollutants was initially denied. Only after the 'contribution' did it get approved!

Sickening bunch of hypocrites!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
we can fix this . . .

Davis has got to go - we can fix this problem this coming November. :3: :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: we can fix this . . .

socalJD said:
Davis has got to go - we can fix this problem this coming November. :3: :mad: :rolleyes:
How?

Do you think Simon is a viable alternative?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ok this is going off topic, but I have to respond.

I can't say if Simon is going to be better or worse. There is no record for him as a governor. However, Davis does have a record (Energy, $8 billion surplus to a $23 BILLION deficit, suspicious if not corrupt dealings, etc.) and it is pathetic. How do you turn a $8 billion surplus into a $23 billion dollar deficit in 2 years?!? That's a difference of $31 BILLION!

So for me, whoever is running against Davis gets my vote! If Simon turns out to be bad, I'll vote him out the next time as well!

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
More of the same expected...

hhwc said:
Ok this is going off topic, but I have to respond.

I can't say if Simon is going to be better or worse. There is no record for him as a governor. However, Davis does have a record (Energy, $8 billion surplus to a $23 BILLION deficit, suspicious if not corrupt dealings, etc.) and it is pathetic. How do you turn a $8 billion surplus into a $23 billion dollar deficit in 2 years?!? That's a difference of $31 BILLION!

So for me, whoever is running against Davis gets my vote! If Simon turns out to be bad, I'll vote him out the next time as well!
Fair enough. Maybe I'm too jaded, but I expect the same type of behavior from most politicians. I'ts the system.:22:

I digress no more...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hhwc said:
cardingtr,

Responsible Gun-owner:) I never carry all the time. But it may come in handy, I hope never to use it.

Round Rock is just north of Austin. I live north of Austin so we often drive to Round Rock to shop than brave Austin traffic.

I thought CCL law is a deterrent to crime since if you are a bad guy, think twice first before doing something, the next person might have a weapon. But then I my experience the kid is stupid enough to even think about that.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sgtglok said:
btw, you sure now that your keys were lost, not stolen in the first place? wouldn't this be a different story to tell the police then?
I have no idea how I lost it. never happened to me before. Its my wife who always lost something while shopping :2: that's why she is very supportive of me last night.

This is how we change our cell phone service, everytime she lost the phone, we shop around.:D

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sar10 said:
Another thought... were your house keys on the ring with the MDX key? If so, did they have time to make a copy? From the sounds of this "rocket scientist", he probably wouldn't have thought of this, but there are many ways to abtain an address. Just food for thought! Protect your keys!
That's why I never left the place because if somebody found that key and figured my single-digit password on my Navi, he could have just smile his way to my house while my MDX dutifully instructs him.

Well, if he did make a copy, we are waiting for him to enter the house. By then , my 911 call would be, " Please, can you bring in the cops and ambulance because a stranger is in my house".

·
Registered
671 Posts
mdxsavannah said:
... Theft is such a despicable crime. ...
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Those who think it's okay to help themselves to other people's property should watch out! Especially in TX!

BTW Do y'all still have the legal defense of "he needed killin'!"

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cardingtr,
Have you reported this incident to Target's manager? Please post the outcome.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MDXcrazed said:
Cardingtr,
Have you reported this incident to Target's manager? Please post the outcome.
I did. The kid works 3X a week so the security officer will talk to him on Friday. I will give them a call on friday or will drop by if possible.

5 years ago I called in an employee found sleeping on the job and fired on the spot. This one they have to wait until he comes in. I guess different companies look differently at theses offenses.

When I talk with the manager today about the incident she even said that maybe he is just checking if the car is still there then turn in the key. Pleease! After he checked what? Turn the key in? The store is closed.
My truck in the parking lot or not, it's not his business to wait til he is going home and check it. This kid is a thief:3: . working full time at Target and PRN as a thief.

I'm not going to stop pressing on Target until they do something appropriate for what hes done.

I also got an email from corporate Target that they forwarded my email to local store. The manager will sure realize that I let everybody know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts