Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a strange question. I test drove a 2017 Advance and a Tech today. The middle ridge on the seat of the Advance bothered me, and I was wondering if anyone else thought the same thing. I was only wearing a thin t-shirt and shorts, and I could notice the ridge on my back and butt. No issue with the tech since the seats aren't sewn like that. Do you think this will soften up over time?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
The stitch is more prominent because the advance has seat ventilation and thus there is a plate in the seat base whereas the tech just has springs. It is a problem I've heard of before in other luxury vehicles, but most manufacturers do not provide such large stitching in the middle of the seats, rather only on edges. Not really sure it will soften over time though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
The stitch is more prominent because the advance has seat ventilation and thus there is a plate in the seat base whereas the tech just has springs. It is a problem I've heard of before in other luxury vehicles, but most manufacturers do not provide such large stitching in the middle of the seats, rather only on edges. Not really sure it will soften over time though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

that is my problem. it's with the stitching on the edges. (it's been reported before already on this forum).

im no fat guy. but my right butt cheek become irritated during long periods of driving.

i may buy some memory foam pads to put on the seat when i know i will be driving longer distances. that's for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
same problem for me but on the BOTTOM SEAT with my 2017 mdx tech sh-awd. i didn't feel the thick bottom seams during the test drive, or even during the first few weeks of driving. but four months in, i notice it every time now. the main problem areas are the thick hard seams seams that run toward the sides of the bottom seat cushion. it causes discomfort on the butt and thighs after just 10-15 minutes of driving. it borderline drives me crazy and fuels some regret in buying the mdx. the worst part is that the seams are merely decorative and don't serve any real purpose. i've always wondered if the advance's vertical center strip would cause equal discomfort (or worse) along your spine and butt. i'm 6'4" 210lbs btw, not very wide of a frame or big of a butt! my last bmw had a similar issue with leather stitching seams, so maybe it's just me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts