Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just leased an Acura MDX 2022 and after 2 days a deer hit me.
The car is in body shop and because of COVID the parts are not available to fix it. It looks like some parts will be available in September and for some, even there are no eta.
Insurance provided me with a rental for 30 days only. They are not extending it as the policy is only for 30 days.
so what are my options ? I will have no car after 30 days. does Acura provide any loaner car ?

if anybody has any such experience, please let me know.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
See if Acura will provide a loaner car. They do for service but that's a shorter term. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Is the MDX derivable? You might have to drive the MDX after 30 days if your insurance or Acura can't help you out. I haven't check the details of Acura road side assistance and if something like this will cover a rental? You also have the option of going to another body shop or checking with the dealership to see if they can get the parts sooner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the MDX derivable? You might have to drive the MDX after 30 days if your insurance or Acura can't help you out. I haven't check the details of Acura road side assistance and if something like this will cover a rental? You also have the option of going to another body shop or checking with the dealership to see if they can get the parts sooner.
no, sorry the car is not drivable. the deer damaged really bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am surprised that there is nothing there to protect the consumer. what if the parts are not available from Acura for next 5 months because of covid? There is nothing we can do. I already contacted Acura and they will not provide any loaner. Insurance will not extend beyond 30 days. so I am still paying for lease and everything but I do not have a car.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I am surprised that there is nothing there to protect the consumer. what if the parts are not available from Acura for next 5 months because of covid? There is nothing we can do. I already contacted Acura and they will not provide any loaner. Insurance will not extend beyond 30 days. so I am still paying for lease and everything but I do not have a car.
I’ve said this before. I think you should contact a local TV station. Dealers and manufacturers don’t like bad publicity.

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX SH-AWD Tech
79 Posts
Cancel the lease? Refuse to pay the penalty charges and take the credit rating hit?

Before that, I’d take it up the line with the insurance co. You’re not talking to someone that has the authority to say yes.

What a lousy situation.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Good time for all of us to double-check our insurance coverage for car rentals, towing, glass replacement, etc...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I agree with contacting the national customer service department of the insurance company and emphasizing it is not your fault it is taking longer to repair. Have your claim number ready to speed things up.

Also talk to the dealer, emphasizing that you are paying the lease payments and don't have a vehicle because THEY cannot get the necessary parts. The problem is that the lease payments are made to Acura Financial and the repair is at the dealer.

Also call Acura Financial, emphasizing that Acura cannot provide the necessary parts to get the vehicle repaired timely. If nothing else see if they will pause the lease until you get your car back.

Maybe one of these three avenues will help you with your situation.

Reactions: mrgold35

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all so much for the response. I will contact Acura Financials , also will contact someone higher up at Geico.
I will let you all know what I find.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Thank you all so much for the response. I will contact Acura Financials , also will contact someone higher up at Geico.
I will let you all know what I find.
I still say contact the local tv station. I’ve had luck with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts