Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first mdx! Just got tinted 5 days ago. I drove at night to see lights all over rear windshield. I got the cx somthing tint worth 650...... to see all this, Pretty upset.

I read in alot of sites that it is normal and nothing i can do. If i knew this, i probably would of bargained the tint price.

Other than that, the car is great, kind of slow computer. Also a gas guzzler! :( but soo sexy.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I was fine with the factory tint on the rear window. I've never noticed the headlight reflection from the rear defogger lines at night. You might have to remove the tint from the rear glass because that would bug me also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was fine with the factory tint on the rear window. I've never noticed the headlight reflection from the rear defogger lines at night. You might have to remove the tint from the rear glass because that would bug me also.

Thank you for your reply. I had tint installed because of the california sun.. do you think there is any way around it? I read up that the defogger lines can be damaged through installation and removing it. When i looked up tinting i didnt see nothing about light trouble at night.

Just hope i can get over it or find a way around. So far, my research yields that some windows that are slanted, and have big defroster lines give off reflections of light through the space between tint going over lines. Could be needing more curing but will never go away, no matter what film i use.

If there is anyone who didnt have this problem and living in bay area, let me know the tint dealer.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I was driving my RLX with 20% rear tint and noticed for the first time the exact same lines. I think I just never noticed them before until I looked for them. Now I can't un-see them (igorance is bliss type of thing). I haven't driven my MDX at night yet to see if the factory tint does the same with the rear defogger lines.

You might be wasting your money if removing the old tint and trying something new ends up giving you the same results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts