Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2017 MDX base model this Tuesday and notice something not right on 2nd days.

Yesterday weather condition, heavy rain on and off, dark (8pm-9pm)
Day time, light rain and my wife said that the suv was struggle to get to 60mph

Is this normal?
1) my wife has key#1 and I have key#2. When I'm driving, I don't see a light on the door lid saying Key#2. Is it because my wife sat on the passenger side?

2) Is this normal? I set to driving Normal. driving on "highway" or some ppl might call it "freeway", it seems like I had to step the accelerator almost all the to the floor for it to kick to 60mph. When I had my 2013 Highlander Limited, it wasn't like that.

3) The base came with lane departure. I guess that is what it call. When I first took the car out from dealer and when my driving was a little off road, it actually shift so i'm back in the correct lane. However, yesterday it didn't do that. Everything was set to "on" when I got and check. Driver side switch was on for lane departure/assist.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The Lane departure doesn't work as well in bad weather. It can also be limited by quality of the lane lines for the camera to see in the upper windshield. Was there a chance you might have touch the turn signal out of reflex and disabled the lane departure for a few seconds when you were testing it out?

I would check to see if you have the IDS set in comfort, normal or sport mode. I like the sport mode when I had a 2016 loaner for a few days. It could be the MDX trying to learn your driving habits along with your wife and it is taking some time. I know I had to change the way I accelerated in a 9AT compared to my 6AT 11 MDX (didn't like the 9AT surge at lower speed gear change sometimes).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have noticed the same thing, traded in my '14 tech for a '17 base on Monday and the LDW does not alert the way it did on the '14. I have a call into the sales guy to see if it is a setting somewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about stepping on the accelerator? I and my wife had to step on the pedal almost all the way to the floor for the car to kick into 60mph. The IDS is in Normal mode.

Maybe you are right about MDX is trying to learn. Anyway, this MDX will be her full time drive. She felt upset because it wasn't kick like the highlander esp on the start up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed when you are in D mode the gears are held in lower rpms so when you hit the gas it takes longer to skip through the gears to the proper one for the acceleration you are looking for. When you are in S mode the rpm's are held higher and you get higher shift points, making acceleration almost immediate.

·
Registered
186 Posts
a) Change IDS to Sports mode to see if you notice the difference
b) There's chance that dealer cheap out on the gas so your first tank is 87 gas. It does make a difference if you put in premium gas
c) Don't rely on those safety tech. Even the BSI doesn't work as well as other luxury cars. For example, it won't come on unless your speed is 20-100mph (32-160km/h). I've seen other cars on the road with their BSI on even they stopped and waited at the traffic light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts