Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hearing the clunking from the left front of the 2013 MDX, I brought it into the dealer. They diagnosed this as a replacement front electronic suspension strut being needed to be replaced, and recomened doing both front a the same time. The Acura dealer parts system shows this as back ordered until November 2021. They searched multiple sources and could not find the Active damper version of the part.
If a non-active dampening strut is installed, it will cause a warning light to appear that wont go away. There appears to be after market options to change the electronic to eliminate the warning light going off when you install a non-damering strut.

The question is:
-Does anyone have any official announcements form Acura on a back order situation for this part? Or has it actually been discontinued? part number found online -
Shock Absorber Assembly, L Front - Acura (51602-STX-A06) Manufacturer's Notes This part is discontinued. It is no longer available for purchase.
-If the strut kit is not available, are the actual parts available to just buy the shock?
-Are there any Authorized OEM or 3rd party alternatives for an Active dampering strut?
-Has anyone actually perfomed the conversion to non-electronic Dampering? Does it perform like comfort or sport mode?

This seams like a huge problem for 2007-2013 MDX owners, and couldn't find much info online. Thanks for any insight! BTW I am not technical

·
Registered
2008 Acura MDX Sport
102 Posts
51602-STX-A06 is discontinued however there is one piece left in inventory. It is currently being held for whatever reason. Tell you dealer to call their Dealer Analyst on Monday to check the status.

51602-STX-A06 is the complete assembly, however the shock absorber by itself (51606-STX-A05) is still available. You would just reuse the other parts, i.e. spring, absorber cover, rubber mounting, etc. All the parts are available separately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am just replacing the front strut for the price difference I thought I’d order the whole assembly but my installers said they can’t get it either so we just have to order the strut and reuse the parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts