Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2005 Acura MDX with the GPS/Navigation option. There is a NAV DVD unit under the passengers seat that contains a DVD with the map display data. When the SUV is started the NAV Console, on the dash, loads the map display data from the DVD unit located under the passenger seat. My DVD unit is becoming more and problematic and I plan to send this out for repair as I have tried all the tricks of cleaning the laser eye as described on various internet forums. When the map information does not load (from the DVD), the NAV Console controls no longer function, so the ability to adjust the AC fan and air flow is not possible. I have encountered the same hurdle when the NAV DVD unit was disconnected and I was cleaning the laser eye. The NAV console on the dash is completely hung up and useless.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
So here is my question - is there a bypass or feature setting that I can toggle, which disables the NAV DVD unit to gain access to the controls on my NAV Console. If I send the unit out for repair it will be a 4-6 week turnaround and during that time it would be greater to able to access the AC and blower/air flow settings.<o:p></o:p>
I hope I have explained my dilemma and someone has a trick that I can use.:)
Thx. <o:p></o:p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts