Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the dealer replaced the battery, the backup camera is not working. I bought this vehicle used so there is no warranty. The reverse gear light light doesn't work but P, D, N and D3 all working fine. The dealer said the problem may be relating to a burned fuse. I'm not sure which fuse that would be? Anyone here has any idea? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
After the dealer replaced the battery, the backup camera is not working. I bought this vehicle used so there is no warranty. The reverse gear light light doesn't work but P, D, N and D3 all working fine. The dealer said the problem may be relating to a burned fuse. I'm not sure which fuse that would be? Anyone here has any idea? Thanks!
I have the same issue on 09 MDX. Did you have determine what the cause was?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hey 2009 MDX, Did you ever figure out the issue with the reverse lights and the "R" on the dash?
It's rather unlikely the transmission range switch is failing, though to test it while holding the brake with the trans in reverse wiggle the shifter back and forth without actually taking it out of reverse. Watch the the instrument cluster to see if the "R" light goes out at all while wiggling the shifter. As long as the "R" stays lit continually the range switch should be fine. From there it is likely a fuse. In my owners manual the diagram doesn't list a fuse for the back-up lights so if it was mine I would start pulling fuses (with the ignition off) from the fuse panel under the dash on the drivers side and see if I find one that is blown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's rather unlikely the transmission range switch is failing, though to test it while holding the brake with the trans in reverse wiggle the shifter back and forth without actually taking it out of reverse. Watch the the instrument cluster to see if the "R" light goes out at all while wiggling the shifter. As long as the "R" stays lit continually the range switch should be fine. From there it is likely a fuse. In my owners manual the diagram doesn't list a fuse for the back-up lights so if it was mine I would start pulling fuses (with the ignition off) from the fuse panel under the dash on the drivers side and see if I find one that is blown.
I tried that and still nothing. My reverse "R" doesn't come on at all along with the reverse lights and back-up camera.
I guess I have to hit the stealership. Thanks!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts