Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2008 MDX, the power steering assist was non-existent at low engine RPM's. TSB 12-017 addressed that issue.

I got the car with 150K on it so it was way out of the extended warranty for a new PS pump courtesy of Acura. Extended warranty ran out at 100K. (Why the previous owner didn't get it fixed for free is beyond me!)

In my searching for PS pumps, I noticed that the regular replacement pump you can find (56110-RYE-A04) online thru many of the online Acura dealers was over $300 (non-re-manufactured). However the PS "kit" mentioned in the TSB (06561-RYE-305) is only $150 delivered to my door. The kit includes a new PS pump and an O-ring.

I called two local Acura parts depts and they both said that the kit part # listed in the TSB was valid but did not show as being applicable to the car (even thought he TSB specifically mentions the '08 MDX) They didn't know why the prices were different.

I ordered and installed the new PS Pump using the TSB kit number. PS Pump was a exact match and was brand new.

Is this Acura's back-door way of taking the sting out of the price of a new PS pump for schmucks like me?

The hardest part of the install was getting that bloody serpentine belt back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I have the same problem on my '09 MDX I just bought. My wife's '07 Odyssey had the same problem and I replaced the PS pump last year. So did the pump make a noticeable/significant difference?
Also, it seems like Acura doesn't want to make those TSBs easy to access, I'm having trouble finding a good source for them. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts