Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first to introduce myself, I am from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I’ve been following this forum for over a month now. Learn a lot about the MDX and really liked it. Had test drove it twice. I got a call from the Buick salesman to ask us to go down and test drive the Rendezvous this weekend. Will see how it feels to be in that compared to the MDX. I saw a couple of post here from Calgary, hi fellow Calgarians. Just wonder what price you get from Northwest Acura. I went to Silverhill the salesman there Ed seems really nice and willing to help. Can’t say the same about the Sales Manager though. I can get a 10% off on the accessories but no idea whether I’m paying MSRP or anything above. I got a quote of $54,745 for the Mahogony with sports bar, front trim, fender flares, tail deflector and winter mats. Lug nuts, back mud flap and block heater comes standard with the Touring Package which is the only package they sell in Canada, that’s what they say. If I get the Silver with only sports bar, that’s 52,543. Can anybody tell me if there is a good or say, reasonable price? If I decide to wait for the 2002 model, would there be a big price increase? Since even I put down the deposit now, I still won’t get a 2001 model til end of October or November, should I wait for the 2002 model? May be somebody from Canada can help me make my decision here. Thank you very much. Really enjoy this site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
imoimo

Try using the Canadian Acura website located at http://www.acura.ca
There is an otpion to "personalize your MDX". It will give you the MSRP pricing, PDI cost and allow you to add all the dealer options at the MSRP cost. When you are finished you will have the total MSRP cost in Canadian Dollars and then you can just add on our "good old" GST and this will give you the grand total to compare with the prices you are getting.
I assume that all the pricing you have received is total cost with GST included. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I can't leave you out--

imoimo--

Hi--I'm Lmeans from Roanoke, Illinois. I wanted to welcome you to our forum. I didn't want to leave you out. I try to welcome everyone that just joins the forum.

I saw the Buick Rendezvous (I think that's spelled right) at a car show. I don't see how they could get a third row seat in that. It so small. I couldn't get close to it because they had it on one of those turn tables. It looks like a very small MDX or Mercedes ML something, I can't remember the numbers. I don't know how it would drive. If your looking for space the MDX would be better. My opinion. Let me know what the Buick is like. I'm real curious to know. Thanks in advance.

Let us know what you decide.

Lmeans :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
And the Canadian dealers also make you sign a waiver that specifies that you can not sell the car to the US for a period of 3 years (if I am not mistaken). No big deal, I intend to keep it for more than that.

Robert

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, really overwhelmed with all the replies from you guys. Thank you. Too bad I still didn't get a chance to test drive the Rendezvous. I don't understand why the dealers here don't open on Sundays, cos most people has Sat & Sun. off. Anyway, will try to get there this week and try it out. I am curious too myself, lmeans. One thing that worries me most about the MDX is the slow wiper speed that I read from this forum. I drive in some really heavy rains before and its scary even with fast wipers. Is there any way to have kind of a different timer to be installed aftermarket to speed up the wipers? And of course I choose the MDX over anything else, but would like to force myself to have an open mind until we get one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone

I'm new to this board from Toronto. We'll be receiving delivery of our MDX in a couple days. Just like to say hi to other fellow Canadian MDX owners!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Am waiting for the salesman to call back for the 2002 price and order one. He told us they will accept orders for the 2001 models until August, after that would be 2002s. Also thinking of getting a silver one with add on sports bar only. Hope the price doesn't increase by too much. Hey maybe they'll have the speed of the windshield wiper changed too!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
imoimo,
The Rendezvous has only 185 horsepower and is built in the same factory as the Pontiac Aztec which is selling poorly here in the states. The MDX has 240 hp which is a big difference. I have seen a couple of the Rendezvous on the street and they look strange just like the Aztec. You would have a more comparable vehicle in size and horsepower if you checked out the Chevy Trailblazer, GMC Envoy or Olds Bravada which are larger and have 260 hp. Good luck which ever way you decide. By the way, Mahogany is a much more dignified color than Silver and you will see far fewer of them on the road but of course I am biased!:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
"Mahogany is a much more dignified color than Silver"

ghost said:
imoimo, you can take stock in almost everything remery says, just keep in mind he's colorblind ;)
Thanks ghost. rem is at it again. You just got to the website before I did! :D :D

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
We are vigilant, always watching the site to keep it untarnished. There is no hiding, even in the far reaches of Canadian user groups, we will counter all mahoganistic propaganda...

·
Registered
110 Posts
ghost said:
We are vigilant, always watching the site to keep it untarnished. There is no hiding, even in the far reaches of Canadian user groups, we will counter all mahoganistic propaganda...
Hear ye...Hear ye...Hear ye...We will prevail
There is power in numbers !

·
Registered
267 Posts
imoimo

I never noticed the wiper speed being a problem, but some Rainex on you windshield really helps visibility in the driving rain. In light rain, you hardly need the wipers on, as the water runs right off. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mahogony vs silver

remery, I do agree Mahogony is a 'dignify' color but it looks best with all the trimmings while the Silver one looks good just by itself! Besides my son wants me to get the silver one so in a couple of years he can drive it, (and of course he prefer the Silver over Mahogony) provided I would part with it for a while.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
windshield wiper speed

ghabicht

I don't know, I just happened to read a couple of post somewhere that complains about it. By the way, can I get that Rainex in Canadian Tire or Wal-mart?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lmeans re: RDV

I went to the Buick dealer yesterday and they showed me the 5 seater RDV. You are right it is quite small compared to the MDX, not so much the front but the second row bench seat. They don't have the 7-seater available yet which is what I really want to see. The panel looks kind of cheap though. The shape of it doesn't bother me that much although it does resemble the Aztak somewhat but it does look quite compact. Have to wait till they call me again when the 7-seater is in to drive it. But even seeing it in real life, I still prefer the MDX's shape.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
12 Participants
mdxwannabe
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing