Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
The mindset you just displayed in your first paragraph is if someone buys an MDX for the cheap, you are saying they need to use premium regardless or they can screw off and get a POS GM knock-off 90s corolla for $1000 when they want to reward themselves a nicer vehicle with something they can afford with a min wage salary. Seriously, not the mindset or ideology we need to have here.
You're not the gatekeeper of perceived mindsets here but you didn't read properly what I was saying and even clarified in my post - i.e. you don't know my mindset. I simply stated that most people who can afford to spend the extra money to buy, new or used, a vehicle with the frills of the MDX, can afford to buy premium gas, if they choose to put premium in, which isn't required but recommended according to Acura (I don't care what octane of gas people put in their MDX - that wasn't the point). I don't think anyone at minimum wage should buy something like an MDX even used when there are more appropriate better choices available that'd result in a more reliable less costly vehicle. By the time an MDX has depreciated to $2k they'd be able to buy a more reliable less trashed lower mileage vehicle for that $2K than the MDX. The MDX isn't the vehicle for someone who's pinching pennies.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
It'll happen sometime before my 3rd gen goes back to weekend status. I am honestly interested on the max range of the Hybrid (@JTM @mrgold35 @elvisfan ) since I found out on a near sea level surface, that the MDX can easily get at least 513 miles of range before refueling. If anyone with the Hybrid is willing to do this, this would be great information to add.

Before anyone attempts it, just make sure you have patience, make sure if you have any passengers that you will be going slower than normal, contact the highway patrol and see whats the slowest legal speed before it becomes a ticket able offense, and make sure to use CC & set your gears to the highest gear possible.
Sorry, I have no plans to do this. I Never get below 1/4 tank. Have never put regular in my car. Only mildly interested in this whole thing. I don’t have that kind of patience. The range is more because of city driving. I like the fact that if I get stuck in traffic, my mpg goes way up. I like the extra range only because it takes longer to get to 1/2 tank, when I fill up.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts