Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

mats: carpet + rubber?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  phins2rt 
#1 ·
OK, my second question on my (obsessive) first day with my MDX: I bought rubber mats and cargo mat from Tim.

WRT the front and rear, do people put them on top of the carpeted mats that come with the vehicle, or remove the carpeted mats?

WRT the cargo mat, what do you do with it when you're using the third seat? Will it do any harm to keep it rolled up behind the seat?

#2 ·
tangible said:
OK, my second question on my (obsessive) first day with my MDX: I bought rubber mats and cargo mat from Tim.

WRT the front and rear, do people put them on top of the carpeted mats that come with the vehicle, or remove the carpeted mats?

WRT the cargo mat, what do you do with it when you're using the third seat? Will it do any harm to keep it rolled up behind the seat?

I usually put the mats on top of the carpeted mats in my other cars. Will do the same with my MDX.

Should do no harm to it when its rolled up. If you know you will use the third for some time, just leave it at home.

Good luck!

#3 ·
In the front, I originally put the all weather mats on top of the carpet mats. Later I removed and stored the front carpet mats. I don't think it hurt them to be underneath, I just didn't like the added height.

For the rears, I left the carpet mats underneath. After 10 months they still look pristine.

#4 ·
I removed my original mats and replaced them with the weathertechs. As for the tray, mine was delivered rolled up so I don't think it would do any harm to roll it up and put it behind the third row. I plan on doing this when I need to use the third row.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.