Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda an odd question here, I had to replace my instrument cluster because the lighting had stopped working. I ordered a replacement and installed it no problem, but now I have 2 problems.

Problem 1 - my airbag light comes on and stays on. I read there's a trick to reset this, so no biggie.

Problem 2 - my fuel gauge doesn't work, it stays at full or near full until it's almost empty then moves down to 1/2 a tank.

I took it in for the fuel gauge as I was thinking the float in the tank was the problem. Garage checked the wiring diagram and they believe it's most likely not the tank. They did estimate for the cluster to be replaced but mentioned a need to go to the shop to have the cluster programmed to the car.

Long story short, could anyone confirm this is indeed a requirement? If so, I'm guessing I just need to get it reprogrammed or remarried to the vehicle and all would be good. Just checking if anyone has any experience on this front.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My experience with airbag light on is that you can reset it but it will come back on until you fix whatever is causing it to trip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts