Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marne,

I was wondering if you could post a picture of your Husky cargo tray. I like how you mentioned that it has cutouts for the cargo tie down hooks.

Thanks!

rflagg

·
Registered
339 Posts
Anybody had cut out the holes for the tie-down on his or her Weather Tech cargo tray? The color match is nice. That not having the tie-down holes seems to be the reason not to buy the Weather Tech version. I just wonder if it is really that difficult to do a cut-out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Will do tomorrow!

I just saw this thread. I'll post a pic or two tomorrow.

--Marne

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here it is!

Here's a look at my cargo area as it's usually set up. The Husky liner is on the floor. Note how all outward edges of the liner form a raised rim a couple of inches above floor level. If you look at the locations of the four tie-down clips, you'll see raised areas in the liner. I've cut out the tops of these for clip access. I've mounted the cargo net through the liner using the rearward clips.

Note also the handle on the cargo cover. You can see a closeup of this in my Two Tweaks thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You

Marne,

Thanks for posting the pictures! Seeing them convinced me to add it to my "to buy" list.

rflagg

·
Registered
594 Posts
Where'd you get it?

Marne, could you let me / us know where you got the Husky liner -- it does look like a good option for the saddle. Plus, you can only cut out the tie downs that you intend to use.....

Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Quoting from my post #38413, I purchased the Husky cargo liner through California Auto Trends, aka NordLeth. They charge $66.03 plus $15.00 shipping (and $5 tax for CA folks) if you join their Buyer's Club mailing list. I was very pleased with NordLeth's service -- they were polite and knowledgable on the phone, and delivered my liner just two days after I ordered it.

Note that the Husky liners for the MDX come in black as well as tan. The product numbers begin 2430, with a fifth digit denoting color. 3 is for tan, so my number was 24303.

--Marne

·
Registered
48 Posts
Another source for Husky cargo liner

I found this source, also in CA:

Husky Floor Liners / Mats
SALE! - SAVE 20% - Buy Now!
Click Here
www.performanceproducts.com

current price: 71.96 plus $8.95 shipping

·
Registered
594 Posts
use 2001 mdx

If you use performanceproducts' website, you have to select 2001 MDX -- it doesn't find them if you put is 2002 as your model year.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Husky cargo tray

Marne,

Been thinking about getting the Husky cargo tray. Need to know if it is easy to roll up. Sometimes we travel with our dog and need to use the 3rd row seats after we reach our destination. Therefore, the cargo tray would need to be rolled up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Easy it is!

Marfong: I usually keep my tray flat, but I tried rolling it for you. It rolls up just fine. But it won't stay rolled unless you secure it somehow. A bungee cord would do the trick.

--Marne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts