Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good, reliable mechanic who knows MDX's who I can use for routine service in Marin.

I have a guy who knows Jeeps inside and out in San Anselmo and would love to find an equivalent for the MDX in Marin.

Anyone?

·
Registered
127 Posts
A matter of fact

When we had our MDX, I personally checked several Upscale mechanics in the San Jose Area for routine service. I ended up going to the dealer (Los Gatos Acura). Even with the premium prices that you pay, it is worth the extra money. I change the engine oil myself though.

After all, the MDX is not cheap and after paying an arm and a leg to get the X, it is worth spending a little more to keep it in good shape.
I estimate a 15-20% more at the dealer for a peace of mind ( I think).

I know a very good mechanic that used to service our Toyota Camry. Before selling the X, I wanted to change the oils (engine oil & filter and the Rear diff. service). This mechanic insested that any stick shift gear oil will work for the MDX differential and that the crush washers are not needed for oil pan. Then and only then I realized that paying a little more at the dealer is worth it...

Any way, I had good experience with Los Gatos Acura...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also have a Jeep and know the mechanic you are referring to in San Anselmo - I you do find such a guy for the MDX, please let me know.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I live in Marin and would like a recommendation too. I used a San Rafael mechanic and later learned he was being prosecuted for charging for service not performed. I am ready for my 30000 and was going to the dealer because I have to have the timing belt fix done on the recall. There should be someone here to do the job.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bomo said:
I live in Marin and would like a recommendation too. I used a San Rafael mechanic and later learned he was being prosecuted for charging for service not performed. I am ready for my 30000 and was going to the dealer because I have to have the timing belt fix done on the recall. There should be someone here to do the job.
I have us CR Automotive next to the Dipsea for basic oli & change. I've had a good experience and would take the MDX in for major service there.

C R Auto Repair
220 Shoreline Hwy, Mill Valley, CA 94941
(415) 388-2880

1 - 6 of 6 Posts