1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Acura Chrome Side Step: (Sorry about the quality of the photo. It was dark and cloudy and between downpours when taken)

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Acura ones for me!

Just unpacked mine and was really impressed at how wide and light they are. I had my doubts after I ordered because there were no pictures and my wife worried that they would look too bling :eek: But now I think they will go great with chrome accents on my black X. It's also nice to know that they were designed specifically for MDX and little MDX letters on the steps are classy reminder. :) Plan to install them this weekend and hope I don't have any extra parts left and that I still like them. :2: I'll keep you posted.
BTW, where can I find installation instructions?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: Acura ones for me!

midsized said:
BTW, where can I find installation instructions?
I downloaded them from http://www.hondacuraworld.com. Had to download them from the Black Steps, the instructions link was not yet loaded with the Chrome Steps section.

Installation was real easy. Only minor problem I had was with the plastic buttons covering the holes underneath the X. Some did not pop out all the way and I broke them off leaving some of the plastic inside the frame. I had some concern about rattling but so far I don't hear anything. That may not be meaningful because I also can't hear the gas tank slosh or the brakes click.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Re: Re: Acura ones for me!

BaldEagle said:
Only minor problem I had was with the plastic buttons covering the holes underneath the X. Some did not pop out all the way and I broke them off leaving some of the plastic inside the frame. I had some concern about rattling but so far I don't hear anything.
I just installed mine an hour ago. Did you push the little mini-button in the middle of the button to release the lock? I did not realize that I had to do that until the third or fourth time around.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Acura ones for me!

RL in Florida said:

I just installed mine an hour ago. Did you push the little mini-button in the middle of the button to release the lock? I did not realize that I had to do that until the third or fourth time around.
No,:3:

I did not realize that I had to do that till right now. :8:

What color is your X and how do the chrome steps look with it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just had my Chrome Steps installed yesterday....totally completes the look of the X!! I've gotten so many comments from people on them in just one day! They go great with my MBP, really complements the door handles and wheels, plus they stand out against the color. The people at my dealer were very impressed by them, as they hadn't seen any yet (I ordered from Tim). Definitely the right choice!!:4:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Installed mine today too!

On my black MDX and yes, as I suspected, black with some chrome and chrome with some black go great together! It looks like I got the right one, baby!!!
Installed it myself in my relative's backyard. Installation was very easy, just followed instructions on hondacuraworld (thank you, BaldEagle). I am glad I have read other posts and learned how to pop out those plastic covers. :D It's not documented in the instructions and I would end up cutting them like BaldEagle. :3: It took me about 3 hours on Saturday for the right one and 4 hours today for the left one. I know it is way too long but it's because:
1) I have a limited experience with installations - mostly software.
2) Vodka at X-mas party the night before wasn't fresh. Ditto for beer, wine and cocktails.
3) I didn't have any electric tools except flashlight.
4) I am a perfectionist (or OCD case :werd: , as my wife likes to call it).
Anyway, they look perfect! :29:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man, really wish i had jumped in on the prebuy with tim ... but my left hand just wouldn't agree with my right hand to grab the credit card and buy a $400+ accessory before seeing it. :(

-henry, anxiously waiting for tim's after holiday special :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts