Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My new '02 SS MDX should arrive this week, and I have been searching all over the country for a dealer that has the Manik Polished stainless side steps IN STOCK. I keep hearing that there's a 4-6 week backorder on these steps.

Any info would be most appreciated!

Thanks.

Dawn

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dean,

I called those folks the other day and they didn't have them in stock either. I guess I will just have to wait. Geez, anything that has to do with the MDX seems to take forever <g>.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dawn

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like the wait will only be 2-3 weeks instead of 4-6.

Can't wait to get the car. Should be here any day.

VIN: 2HNYD18822H502816

Dawn

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My husband said he would kill me if I did any off-roading with the X. I'll look for you in PB.

Dawn

P.S. How much would a car mechanic charge to install those side steps?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ghost,

Nice pix. Can't wait to try this!! I'm hoping the new X will arrive at the dealer tomorrow!

Dawn

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: Install

mikedan said:
Dawn, I concur. Do the install yourself. There's a ton of info on the site for step by step instructions. All you need is a ratchet, a 10mm socket, a 3/4" socket, a 3/4" crescent wrench or a good Vise Grip for the nut. Get these in advance... I had to run out in the middle for the 10mm socket (Japanese car? Metric bolts? Why does this surprise me??!?!?!??!)
Thanks I will. My husband Ron has tons of tools hanging on the wall. Some of them should work. I'm used to dealing with electronics not nuts and bolts.

Dawn :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.