Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just accessed the Manik page and see that they are now offering the One piece grill guard for the MDX.

Does anyone have this unit? I have a black X and would love to get it and would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Neal:eek:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Excellent choice! I have a '02 black X and had the manik installed with a pair of round fogs attached 2 weeks after I took delivery. Driving in NYC I need as much "protection" as I can get. Although there's really no other brand that makes the grill for the X, I personally think they fit the best anyway. I fit very nicely to the front and really disctinct the vehicle away from other X. I got the black grill to match the X :2:

When I had it installed, it took a week for the installer to get it from the manufacturer. I think all together it cost $525. ($375 for the grill and $150 for the lights). I wouldn't pay list from the Manik site.

I'll see if I can upload a pic for you to take a look at, and appreciate.:D

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Manik Brush Guard

Just an update.

I bought the black Manik for my '95 Ford Explorer Sport from Performance Parts catalog. They said it was a 1-hour install. It took me and a friend an entire morning to put it together and install it.

After about 5-years of Chicago and Milwaukee living it started to rust at the edges of the tubes (joints). That's not bad considering the massive amounts of salt used during the winter in those cities.

I bought the Manik to protect my vehicle when parallel parked on city streets. One time, having just parked in an end spot on the street with a loading zone in front of me, I watched as a minivan began backing toward me in the loading zone. I laid on the horn but the idiot still hit me. I almost killed him right there, but when I check for damage, I saw that there was none. I simply had to tug the guard away from the bumper about an inch.

Another time, while turning a corner in Chicago, a BIG pickup truck delivering Reader's stopped abruptly in front of me and I smacked him going at least 5 MPH. Same results. I figure the Manik paid for itself.

I will be getting the black Manik for my MDX and will have it professionally installed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have one installed on my 2001 MDX. The color is black powered,
also I puchased rear taillight guards.:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts