Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 G3 with about 42K Mls on the odometer, when starting the car up says it is wanting a maintenance A1, also oil life is on 15% for a few 100 Mls now.
I have seen B- services being mentioned, but cannot find what is to be done with maintenance A1, anybody know?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
My 2014 G3 with about 42K Mls on the odometer, when starting the car up says it is wanting a maintenance A1, also oil life is on 15% for a few 100 Mls now.
I have seen B- services being mentioned, but cannot find what is to be done with maintenance A1, anybody know?
A = Engine Oil Change
1 = Tire Rotation

Technically Honda/Acura says only the oil must be changed on an "A" service. The filter only has to be changed on "B" services. However, I always change the filter, regardless.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
That was fast info, thanks :29:
I always change oil and filter together, only use OE filters
By the way, I have also seen mentioned B1/B2/B3 service what are these?
A - Replace just the engine oil
B - Replace the engine oil, oil filter, rotate the tires, inspect the front and rear brakes, check the parking brake adjustment, and inspect other items specific to your vehicle

1 - Rotate the Tires
2 - Replace the engine air filter, check the drive belt, and replace the cabin air filter
3 - Replace the transmission and transfer case fluids
4 - Replace the spark plugs, replace the timing belt*, perform valve adjustment
5 - Replace the engine coolant
6 - Replace the rear differential fluid

* When replacing the timing belt, it's recommended to also replace the serpentine belt, tensioners, idler, water pump, and camshaft seals.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look in your owner's manual - page 393 (of the edition I have).

The penguin quoted the section above but it's good to get to know the owner's manual - you might discover other useful tidbits in there.
Thanks again all.

I guess I am a typical MAN :18:.
Manuals are the LAST rescue when pushing all buttons first doesn't work..>:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.