Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad I found this site. Tons of info! Hope someone can help me.

The Maint Req'd light is staying on. Does this light come on as a reminder of the 60k maintenance interval (I'm at 66k miles)? I doubt it is an issue with vapors caused by the gas cap since I've refilled about 3x. I'm taking it into the dealer to get a checkup on it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
tom42 said:
Glad I found this site. Tons of info! Hope someone can help me.

The Maint Req'd light is staying on. Does this light come on as a reminder of the 60k maintenance interval (I'm at 66k miles)? I doubt it is an issue with vapors caused by the gas cap since I've refilled about 3x. I'm taking it into the dealer to get a checkup on it.
The service light is a dumb time reminder...it has no idea what is going on with your car. You can reset it yourself and save yourself a trip to the dealer. It is in the FAQs. Takes about 2 seconds.

Now the MIL is totally different story...that means you have a problem.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
How to Reset.
1. While holding down the SELECT and RESET buttons on the odometer. "Use your left hand for this move"
2. Insert key into ignition. "Use your right hand for this move"
3.Turn key to ON position.
4. Hold key and look to see if the display lights on your dash light up.
5. Hold the key in this position for a few seconds. The cars systems will cycle through all the necessary checks/lights and reset itself.
6. Remember to Keep holding down the SELECT and RESET button while turning key to OFF/ON position. Lastly, turn key back to ON. This should reset the "Maintenance required" light.

For the first 6,000 miles (9,600 km)
after the Maintenance Required
Indicator is reset, it will come on for
two seconds when you turn the
ignition switch ON (II).

Between 6,000 miles (9,600 km) and
7,500 miles (12,000 km) this
indicator will light for two seconds
when you first turn the ignition
switch ON (II), and then flash for
ten seconds.

If you exceed 7,500 miles (12,000