Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I ordered a Nighthawk Black Pearl MDX 2002 few days ago was promised to pick it up in the end of May / begining of June. Very excited and looking forward to it.

When was considering colors for the MDX sales guy told me 'Dark Mahogany Pearl' was discontinued here in Canada, i wonder why!

Cheers,
Mike123

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like in US there are more color choices then in Canada
We have only these ones:

1. Nighthawk Black Pearl
2. Mesa Beige Metallic
3. Starlight Silver Metallic
4. Evergreen Pearl
5. Dark Mahogany Pearl (discontinued)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
DaleB said:
DMP and Granite Green are supposedly discontinued for 2002.
But over a week ago my dealer had a GG availlable in May for the person one ahead of me on the list. So who knows...
DaleB,

From what I have heard, I believe Havasu Blue is taking the place of GG (roughly in Mid-April) so that might explain why a GG is still available at this point.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Ditto the dark color

I too prefer the MDX in a darker color. Of course color preferences are a personal taste, but I think the lighter colors do not show off the car as well as the darker ones.

As for DMP it is still listed as an option on the Acura website.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mike,

I have the Nighthawk Black Pearl Color and I like it a lot because I love black but the only bad thing about black is that the straches show up on it and it gets very dirty!! Other then that I love my MDX! I have black outside and inside! I get lots of stares and asked what kind of suv it is. Good luck with your new MDX! :)

italiaprn79

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, i too think that black is the best color (my opinion) however dirtiness is very much visiable.
I used to own a black Toyota Camry, had to wash it everyweek

·
Registered
36 Posts
i also heard GG and DMP were going to be new Honda Pilot colors for june/july introduction.

i am placing my order for Tafetta white/ touring pkg this week and expecting about a 5-6 month wait.

anyone have any idea what Acura plans for new colors for '03 MDX's? i wonder if i should wait.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Unless you do not like ANY ...

... currently available color I would not wait for the next model year just on the basis of color.

·
Registered
570 Posts
THe MDX looks good in ALL colors! Some highlight different aspects of the lines, some make it look larger, some smaller.
We were looking at the Red Rock pearl, couldn't get one. Found out about the Mesa Beige metallic coming in w/ the setup we liked, & have been extremely happy w/ the "X":D The vehicle is awesome, so don't let the COLOR be the only determing factor. It's much more than that!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I REALLY wanted mahogany but when I ordered mine the said my built date 5/24/02 was past the last the date they were building mahogany. So ordered red rock. To my great delight ,I got a call from dealer last week . They got extra consignment and one was mahogany/touring/navi. Just what I wanted . Picked it up 2 days ago. I am in love with my new baby. Sometimes you just luck out. I've been reading the board for months in anticipation of getting an MDX. It's all and more than expected. Acura of Brookfield (milwaukee) is a class A+ dealership. Very nice and professional to deal with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts