Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great pics

Great lookin MDX, how about a shot from directly behind one of the tires so we can see the width better?

DBastian

·
Registered
221 Posts
Clean Lookin' Wheels.

I would also like to see a close up of the width. Your MDX looks great!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Bravo !

CONGRATS Rail !

Lookin' Sweet !

Nice style !

·
Registered
108 Posts
Great wheels Rail. I think you gave us all something to shoot for. So far, IMHO your wheels are the best that I have seen.
Massive cool, man!!!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks...

Thanks guys, and gal(s)

D, I have the Joshua Tree wood trim installed, which is real wood - I was warned that the real wood will age differently to the fake wood - so be aware of that.

Other accessories - I have the Råzo headlights, but haven't installed them yet.... There's the gold kit on the rear and the full gold kit with the grille on the front, cargo net which is a must have (in the vertical position); cargo cover -- another crucial item (Dancall you out there) to safe-guard people seeing what's in your truck (although it can sometimes rattle when not mounted "just right", and definately changes the sound of the Bose stereo system when it's closed... The rear deflector, which I think has made the truck a little quieter (less wind noise), but I may be on crack or wishful thinking :)

My dealer installed mud flaps, wheel locks and 3M door edge protection when I bought the truck.

I have the side steps on order from Tim and I've found a company locally to powder coat them the same colour as my rims (which will take a couple of weeks).

I did have pinstripes painted on the side, a thin gold line on top and silver below (gold to match the gold kit and silver to match the wheels and side steps).

I am contemplating the lower trim... but I'm not quite sure yet... and possibly an invisible bra if I can find a company in the LA area who are experienced at installation.... and finally, the dealer is looking into an engine upgrade package for me which they've done to the RL and gives a supposed 35% increase in performance -- the company which manufactures the kit however is still in R&D on the MDX.

Of course, if the mirrors keep leaking, maybe I'll just have to buy another kinda truck and start over :^) Maybe kenkneeb will want to buy another MDX....?

Best regards to all.

Rail

·
Registered
62 Posts
would you mind posting the cost , phone number and the company name where you get your sidestep powder. thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pkt said:
would you mind posting the cost , phone number and the company name where you get your sidestep powder. thanks!
I had an appointment to get my side steps powder coated, cost was about 175 I think. That was before I got them from Tim, I put them on to see how it'd look in person and so far I've kept mine on and black. I didn't know the side steps were PLASTIC and not metal. I don't know if this would change the way they color them, maybe powder coating would melt them (if they do any kind of heat treatment on them) I don't know. Rail, Let me know how they turn out if you get them done.

Your tires look NICE. I'm getting my rims and new tires in a couple of weeks.

DBastian

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
powder coated side-steps

dB

Are you sure they're plastic -- according to Acura (and as on Tim's site) :

custom fit makes your side steps easy to install. Embossed step pad includes that Acura logo for custom look. Extruded lightweight aluminum is heat treated for increased strength.

When I get the steps delivered, and I get a free minute during the day - I'll take them over to the company and get a real price, so far it's just an approximate 'phone estimate.

The company is Andrews Powder Coating, Inc. - their info can be found at http://www.customcoaters.com/html/la_county_.html

Which rims and tires did you end up ordering.... let's see some pics when you get em :)

Rail

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: powder coated side-steps

Rail said:
dB

Are you sure they're plastic -- according to Acura (and as on Tim's site) :

The company is Andrews Powder Coating, Inc. - their info can be found at http://www.customcoaters.com/html/la_county_.html

Which rims and tires did you end up ordering.... let's see some pics when you get em :)

Rail
Maybe you're right, they just feel like plastic. Lightweight aluminum sounds better. My mistake..
I haven't ordered the rims yet, I can't decide on a size. I'm probably going to get 8x17 inch rims, cause as soon as you go to 18 inch, the prices go up alot, and I can't use my orig tires if I need to. I just can't decide, so I'm going to be looking around at other cars and suv's till I decide, 2 weeks maybe a month, the place I'm working with tsays they can get whatever in a week.

DBastian

·
Registered
928 Posts
DB: sounds good! Keep us posted. I'd love to see pictures of your new wheelz.

I am still considering going with 20inch wheelz, but I am not sure how that will effect the VTM-4 & warranty.
No time soon, anyway. Much to research as well.

Good luck.

Looking sweet Rail !

·
Registered
235 Posts
masitaly 18" wheels

rail,
i just saw the photos of MDX and it looks great.where did you get the wheels and what was the cost- if you dont mind sharing the info.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This was discussed before in the thread at http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=167&pagenumber=2 .... I'll paste a copy of my post here for consolidation:

I'm having my dealer put on 18" wheels next Monday - I've selected 18x8 MasItaly Shadow rims (www.maswheels.com) - and Michelin 255/55R18 M+S Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus tires. This will keep the overall diameter of the wheels the same as the OEM wheels. The dealer is charging me $1765 installed and is keeping the old wheels... I could get the same package elsewhere and keep the old wheels for $1950

You should be able to have either your dealer or a local wheel/tire store get them for you.

Best regards.

Rail

1 - 20 of 24 Posts