Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Seawall - is your MDX and A-Spec? There was a post where a few months back about a design flaw in the A-Spec lumbar support design.
No it’s the base model, but I don’t believe the seats are any different, aside from color and style of leather.

I believe I know how to fix it though. I’m planning on taking pics and I’ll post a tutorial.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I seem to have rattled the right cages at the dealership since someone called me today with what seemed to be genuine concern about my experience. He even sent a loaner car out and had my car picked up without me having to go to the dealership (again). I'm feeling hopeful that there might actually be a resolution here. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes PM me for contact info.
I can try and guide you thru the fix. It seems to be mostly MDX A-Specs for some reason, some on RDX too.
Or just tell the tech to reach out to me.
Can’t throw my email out there publicly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine got done. “Replaced defective lumbar support.” Only been 20 miles but I bounced all over the seat and drove pretty aggressively, feels just fine now. Fingers crossed.

(They could not duplicate the odd transmission noise I mentioned but did note the file.)
7484F93B-8566-4E25-9F9B-B9282B3E699D.jpeg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Mine got done. “Replaced defective lumbar support.” Only been 20 miles but I bounced all over the seat and drove pretty aggressively, feels just fine now. Fingers crossed.

(They could not duplicate the odd transmission noise I mentioned but did note the file.) View attachment 113489 View attachment 113489
Thanks for the update! They are planning on replacing the lumbar mechanism, but I also reached out to member ECR just in case that doesn't do the trick.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Had this problem, to fix it remove your rear seat cover, the seat tabs are up top so pull down then bend the back of the seat cover. Once removed, you'll see on the bottom of the mechanism that there is a black plastic tab on each side, left and right. Put a piece of cut yoga mat from Five and Below on each one and that should fix it, at least it did for mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Welp, vehicle was finally returned today and the lumbar support is SILENT. Doesn't matter what position it's in, doesn't matter how I shift my weight, not a creak, pop or wiggle to be felt. They also discovered the source of the rattle in the second row (the headliner had a clip that wasn't fully seated) and they road force balanced all of my tires as they detected a slight vibration that they think was causing the wiggle in my second row seat back (which is what I had thought was the source of some noise). Driving it home was blissful -- absolutely silent and buttery smooth. I wish it handled as nicely as the RDX loaner I had for so long, but all-in-all, it's got a far more plush feel. I'm a happy camper for the first time since I traded in my Highlander!

Big thanks to everyone who chipped in and those who suggested fixes -- particularly, @usmarinedelta and @ECR. You guys are awesome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad to hear it! I only had the RDX loaner for a weekend, and it was a nice enough and fun car, but a little choppier ride and somewhat noisier. Getting back in the MDX felt like the quiet solid luxury car feel I wanted.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
8 Participants
Some Guy
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing