Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right! Take a look at your lug nuts. I noticed last week that mine are RUSTING. I took delivery 11/00 and within the first year my lug nuts are starting to rust out. Anyone else have this problem ... One word --- Cheap!:mad:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Are you guys sure it's not just brake dust stains and really rust? Our Honda never had any rust of the lug nuts after several years...:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pic's not a problem

Hey it's rust. I'll take a picture and post when I can. Don't have a digital and just put in a new roll into the camera. It will be several weeks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rusted Lug Nuts

I received my MDX in July, and I have already put 14,000 miles on it. The only problems I've encountered so far are the rusting of the lug nuts, and the repeated failure of the drivers side windshield washer nozzle to spray at all during cold weather. The passenger side nozzle works ok. Too bad I don't live in England instead of New England...

I'm having my 15,000 mile service next week - I'm sure that Acura will just replace the rusted nuts. But this shouldn't happen on a $40,000 vehicle.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Mine too

We FINALLY got some nice weather and I washed the MDX at home yesterday and noticed that my lug nuts had also rusted. Not all of them are rusted maybe 5 or 6 total. :( I might be able to get a picture up tomorrow.

Niles

·
Registered
446 Posts
Same

Thanks for pictures dwawindsurfer. I got busy last week and didn't get a chance to put up pictures. My lug nuts look just like yours.

Niles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
nwaring
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing